Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 55

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 3 recap. Ate just over 2 lbs potatoes. I have been warming them a bit. Too fricken cold out to eat cold potatoes.

Still odd that I'm not hungry last time I ate was about 6pm yesterday.

Pros. Seem to be losing weight as advertised
    I know that my bowls weight 1.85 lbs. No cravings to fight.
    Food is cheap.
    I don't seem to have a lack of energy. Been up since 3 am cleaning my house.

Cons. You have to eat potatoes.
    This is unfortunately not the booze and strippers hack. Though that's probably more costly in many ways.

The bottom line:
    Day 1 : 200.8
    Day 2: 200.0
    Day 3: 198.6
    Day 4: 197.0 (3.8 pounds down)

Will most likely stop Saturday night as a friend is having a party. There will be beer, oh yes there will be beer.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Blacksmith I am curious if you will lose even more weight once you take the booze break.

As for me, no weight loss today. I seemed to also have gone up on day 3 last week and then had a whoosh day 4, so maybe it isn't so bad. Will be having a full potato day today. I have a food-laden event from 5-7pm (patent career panel) so wish me luck. :-/ if it is non-paleo food it would be pretty easy for me, but if they have fruit and cheese...
    :-O

Will stay strong. I might come home after class at 4pm, eat a potato, and go back to school. XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    @Nivanthe
    I would suggest you forgot the scale for say one week (if that is the duration of your PH). Weigh before and after the PH. The every day measurement can be confusing. I remember seeing a graph showing daily weight measurement from an athlete who decided to try a ketogenic diet. The data covered a long period of time, maybe a year or more, can't remember. You could fit the curve with a gently decreasing function but the real curve looked more like short periodic bumps and dips (quick weight gains and losses). But the trend was downward when smoothed.
    Oh don't worry, i'm well versed in the science of fluctuations, lol. Day to day means essentially nothing as many things can affect the scale -- water intake, water retention, food consumed, digested, etc. I know myself well enough to take it with a grain of salt in regards to what foods do xyz to the scale weight in a day period, but it's nice to see the downward trend anyway after yesterday.

For science!

ETA: I've essentially played with the same 'weight' +/- 5 for the last year and a half, so nothing will impress me until I finally see less than 190.

Before potato weekend: 11/8: 191.5
    11/10: 195 *after potato weekend
    11/12: 193
    11/13: 192.5
    Last edited by Nivanthe; 11-13-2013 at 04:42 AM.

What does potato weekend mean? You ate only potatoes all weekend and gained?

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    What does potato weekend mean? You ate only potatoes all weekend and gained?
    Yeah it's just what I was calling it, since I only intended at first to go for the 'potato hack' again for just the weekend. Then I figured what the hell, I'll just do another full run of it.

Cut into wedges, salted and baked. I seem to have more success when they're whole and microwaved. Less dehydration? Unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Yeah it's just what I was calling it, since I only intended at first to go for the 'potato hack' again for just the weekend. Then I figured what the hell, I'll just do another full run of it.

Cut into wedges, salted and baked. I seem to have more success when they're whole and microwaved. Less dehydration? Unsure.
    Hmmm. Yes. I have the most success with cold unsalted boiled potatoes myself, but I can't bring myself to eat only cold potatoes when we just had our first snow in NYC. Sooooo craving warm/hot foods.

------

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I can't bring myself to eat only cold potatoes when we just had our first snow in NYC. Sooooo craving warm/hot foods.
    Haha I don't blame you -- even in Florida I have a hard time with the cold ones. Though my current plate has cooled off so maybe that'll count!

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

So this potato hack + transitioning from most of my protein coming from beef/lamb to most it from cottage cheese has made a biiiiig difference in my budget.

So much more cost effective than s&e. XD

------

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Before potato weekend: 11/8: 191.5
    11/10: 195 *after potato weekend
    11/12: 193
    11/13: 192.5
    Oh Lord. How this worries me!
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Starting day #2 of potato hack. Feeling good, no problems, slept well. Workout wasn't very hard. I refined my treadmill time so I am only burning 222.5 calories 6 (at most) days a week, not 235. I did not weigh. I don't want to get into the everyday weighing habit. Maybe I will tomorrow. I don't want to do it if it is going to show weight gain...

This is what I ate yesterday and the macros, plus 222.5 calories burned on the treadmill:

Coffee with stevia and whipping cream
    1 pound baked potatoes, skin on, refrigerated cold, salted - 12:30 p.m. (IF 18 hours if I don't count the coffee. Should I? )
    1 pound baked potatoes, skin on, refrigerated cold, salted, 2 cups chicken broth (made w/ 3 tsp. organic chicken base) - 3-3:30 p.m. And boy was I FULL afterwards.

Calories - 939
    Protein - 10%, 23 grams
    Fat - 7%, 7 grams
    Carbs - 84%, 198 grams

A bit of a shock after trying to keep the carbs around 25 grams for so many weeks!!
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast