Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 54

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I looked into fermenting potatoes. It is a way to get some probiotics if you are after them, but not needed at all to make potatoes safe for consumption. I may try at some point, just for the novelty, but I would hate to have to ferment potatoes every time I wanted to eat one. Here's an article and video on fermenting potatoes.
    Oh, good. I ferment sauerkraut, so as long as 'just boiled' potatoes are fine (sans skin), I am not keen on planning on boiled potato s a week in advance or something.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

FireFinder is offline Senior Member
    It's the afternoon of day 2 and I'm hungry. I've got two small potatoes left of my 3 lbs for the day. I hope my appetite decreases by tomorrow. I want this to work!

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    LOL Otzi, I am one that needed the "Don't let me bring out the potatos" , since as I mentioned I have put back on what I lost courtesy of raging premenopausal hormones and general overeating. So this time rather than 14 days of nothing but potatos, I am doing probably 2 on and then 2 off, I will see how I feel in the morning after 2 full days. This time I am also including a dash of skim milk in morning coffee and some vegies ( made into soup) for a bit of variety. I also had some berries for breakfast. So far:

Day 1: 166.4
    Day 2: 165.3 -1.1

dallytante is offline Member
    Has anybody tried acorn squash on the potato hack? Or does it not have enough resistant starch?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    It isn't just RS or carbs guys, do the potato on the potato hack. I know... I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dallytante View Post
    Has anybody tried acorn squash on the potato hack? Or does it not have enough resistant starch?
    Nobody that I know of. I'd guess it has too much sugar and not enough starch to be much of a help.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    It isn't just RS or carbs guys, do the potato on the potato hack. I know... I know...
    You took the words right out of my mouth, but it's all good.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dallytante View Post
    Do the acorn squash hack for a week, and report back.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Had my first full workday of potatoes. I'm mentally counting down the days till my coworkers mention and pick up on it, because I did this at the same time last year, too. (just so happens)

Scale is finally moving down from yesterday's weigh in -- estimated .5lbs -- yay! It didn't go up like it did over the weekend PH. My trusty old scale is not entirely accurate, while it was advertised as being so by the nearest .2, it definitely has always rounded to the whole or half pound, no fail. (I'm sure the .2 was marketing speak!) but the downward trend is all I need.

I also found some extremely decious Fiery Chipotle mustard to go on it; so good.

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    @Nivanthe
    I would suggest you forgot the scale for say one week (if that is the duration of your PH). Weigh before and after the PH. The every day measurement can be confusing. I remember seeing a graph showing daily weight measurement from an athlete who decided to try a ketogenic diet. The data covered a long period of time, maybe a year or more, can't remember. You could fit the curve with a gently decreasing function but the real curve looked more like short periodic bumps and dips (quick weight gains and losses). But the trend was downward when smoothed.

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast