Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 53

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Agree Kath, I tried eating mainly baked beans once and I had digestion issues and bloating, but perhaps becasue I ate the canned baked beans, even though I bought organic reduced sugar, but I noticed my own cooked one cause less issues.

I suppose I really fancy some Mexican black beans + rice .. and perhaps some gucomole lol

TheNewMe is offline Member
    I don't know if I am just a weirdo or what, but I am actually really enjoying this. I stayed up late and read through the entire thread last night. Lots of great info here & I thank you all. Funny how making my diet completely "boring" has actually *reduced* my stress about food, and brought me some much-needed excitement in the kitchen. I looked through the link to the 88-page potato book last night, and I really want to read the entire thing. It's beautiful. I am off to boil some potatoes now -- something I have never done in all my 34 years.
    "Do other things to take care of your emotional and physical needs, and youíll take pressure off your diet to fix things itís not meant to fix." -- Mark

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Guys, I am a worrier as usual: in the view of today's article, do you need to ferment your potatoes before boiling? And how to do it/how long? I am trying to go for a seasonality in my family's diet, so increasing winter tubers and squashes, but limiting fruit to the winter-specific (pomegranates, pears, persimmons and citrus).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Agree Kath, I tried eating mainly baked beans once and I had digestion issues and bloating, but perhaps becasue I ate the canned baked beans, even though I bought organic reduced sugar, but I noticed my own cooked one cause less issues.
    I suspect that canned beans are processed by mixing together the dry, unsoaked beans with the other ingredients, then cooking them in the can.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Guys, I am a worrier as usual: in the view of today's article, do you need to ferment your potatoes before boiling? And how to do it/how long? I am trying to go for a seasonality in my family's diet, so increasing winter tubers and squashes, but limiting fruit to the winter-specific (pomegranates, pears, persimmons and citrus).
    I didn't see anything in that article about fermenting potatoes. I did once use shredded potatoes as an ingredient during my beer-making days. It had a thicker mouth feel than regular beer. It foamed a lot.

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    I very recently did about one week of plain, boiled potatoes and chicken broth. Apart from the first day of light-headedness, it went quite well and was easy for me to do: about 1.5kg of potatoes per day, and that's it. I lost 2kg (86kg to 84kg) and a whole inch on the waist (33" --> 32") and can tell from how loose my wedding ring sits.
    I sneaked in the occasional piece of fruit (raw coconut mainly) and may have had a few cans of mackerel, but nothing too excessive.
    Back to eating normally now and catching up with eggs and MEAT. I may do some kind of 2 days on, 2 days off variant soon, making the off days correspond with the days that I am working with kettlebells.
    Last edited by FlyingPig; 11-12-2013 at 09:32 AM.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    So for the gang that is doing one potato meal; one protein meal this week:

I started yesterday. Had 1lb potatoes for lunch; 16 oz 1% cottage cheese and 8oz gelatineous beef for dinner. 5 hours separation.

Down 2lbs today. Most of it just water weight from muscles recovering from sunday workout I am sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm starting that today, also. How many days are you doing?

Today's food: coffee w/ cream & stevia, water, homemade egg salad (3 eggs) for lunch, sweet potatoes tonight w/ just 1 tbsp of butter.

I gained back 2.5 pounds of the 7.6 total that I lost on 5 days of PH. Otzi was right. I didn't keep it all gone but more than half is acceptable for me.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post

Today's food: coffee w/ cream & stevia, water, homemade egg salad (3 eggs) for lunch, sweet potatoes tonight w/ just 1 tbsp of butter.

I gained back 2.5 pounds of the 7.6 total that I lost on 5 days of PH. Otzi was right. I didn't keep it all gone but more than half is acceptable for me.
    I am doing it through Thursday or Friday. I think I might do an all potato day tomorrow, as my Thursday post-workout will be super huge and I want maximum fat loss. I tend to not sleep well on all potato days, and I don't have class on Thursday, so I think Wednesday for all potatoes is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post

If I haven't been committed yet, you surely won't be! I know what you mean, though. Have you been doing 5:2 w/potatoes only on the '2'? That's very effective.
    Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to try it.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Oh seems Clinton already tried the Beans hack
    Bill can have the bean-hack. I'm sticking with potatoes, but if somebody wanted to try and post back, I'd love to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    So for the gang that is doing one potato meal; one protein meal this week:

I started yesterday. Had 1lb potatoes for lunch; 16 oz 1% cottage cheese and 8oz gelatineous beef for dinner. 5 hours separation.

Down 2lbs today. Most of it just water weight from muscles recovering from sunday workout I am sure.
    That's pretty much what I did last week, but protein lunch/potato dinner. I lost about 3 pounds in 4 days. I ate normally the past 4 days, by the second day I was down an additional 2 pounds. I cannot figure that out. It happens almost every time--not that I'm complaining. Compare that with fasting--lose 8-10 pounds in a couple days, gain it all right back. I'll be curious to see how you do, Turq.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewMe View Post
    I don't know if I am just a weirdo or what, but I am actually really enjoying this. I stayed up late and read through the entire thread last night. Lots of great info here & I thank you all. Funny how making my diet completely "boring" has actually *reduced* my stress about food, and brought me some much-needed excitement in the kitchen. I looked through the link to the 88-page potato book last night, and I really want to read the entire thing. It's beautiful. I am off to boil some potatoes now -- something I have never done in all my 34 years.
    No, you are just a weirdo (just kidding). I still haven't looked at the 88 page potato book, glad it was useful. Hope you do well! I know what you mean about the stresses of eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I looked into fermenting potatoes. It is a way to get some probiotics if you are after them, but not needed at all to make potatoes safe for consumption. I may try at some point, just for the novelty, but I would hate to have to ferment potatoes every time I wanted to eat one. Here's an article and video on fermenting potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post

7.6lbs in 5 days is too good to be true, but 5 pounds in 5 days is pretty normal. Glad it worked! Don't get lazy and let it creep back...I find it's like having a tool that I don't want to use. Like my Mom used to say, 'Don't make me get out the ruler!' (yes, I was abused as a kid) With this, it's like 'Don't make me get out the potatoes!'

Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast