Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 44

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Ok. Gearing up for my potato hack kick off tomorrow.

I peeled washed and cubed 1 full shitload of potatoes. For users of the metric system that would translate to 1 metric shitload.

They are boiling away as I type. Tomorrow will be a full day of potatoes. No coffee, condiments or fats. I'm curious to see if there will be any initial
    Weight loss.

Tomorrow I'll post starting weight and amount of potatoes eaten.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Hey! There she is! Nice to see you again. Thanks for the detailed notes. Give the protein lunches a try, I think it's a big step up from all-potatoes. Weight loss may be a tad slower, but it's easy to cycle in a couple days a week.
    Otzi
    Hey Otzi,

Any thoughts on the likely efficacy of: IF til lunch, bunch spuds only for lunch; protein heavy dinner approach?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Hey Otzi,

Any thoughts on the likely efficacy of: IF til lunch, bunch spuds only for lunch; protein heavy dinner approach?
    Works. Apparently keep 5 hr of separation between lunch and dinner and epicurie has lost a ton on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baconator View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am mostly a lurker here but had to pop in to thank otzi and everyone else for sharing their experience with the potato diet. I have high cortisol levels that make if difficult for me to get quality sleep, and also to lose weight. Since going primal over a year ago I have gained 25 pounds despite keeping my carb intake between 75 and 120 grams per day. I've been able to maintain my weight going under 50 grams but still couldn't lose any (BF is about 30% so yeah, I have fat to lose). Anyway...I lost 3 pounds in 3 days of taters I will be going back to primal tomorrow and plan to cycle 2 or 3 days per week. Weight loss will be slow but at least I am not gaining! So excited to finally see the scale go down after all this time. And also excited for steak and eggs tomorrow

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Way to work it, and don't be afraid to try some slight variations like small protein lunches or using a tiny bit of fat to cook with.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Hey Otzi,

What Turq said!

I haven't tried it, but it's on my list. I personally really like the protein lunch because I like having a lot of potatoes to munch on in the evening. I don't mind the small lunch, but I need a big dinner.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    What Turq said!

I haven't tried it, but it's on my list. I personally really like the protein lunch because I like having a lot of potatoes to munch on in the evening. I don't mind the small lunch, but I need a big dinner.
    Thanks Turquoise and Otzi,

A 'normal' dinner would fit in better with my normal family. I can be abnormal at lunch on my own.

Btw Otzi, just started snowing down here. Supposed to turn sloppy but pretty for now.

Thanks Turquoise and Otzi,

A 'normal' dinner would fit in better with my normal family. I can be abnormal at lunch on my own.

Btw Otzi, just started snowing down here. Supposed to turn sloppy but pretty for now.
    Same here, TaterOtzi. I personally will be doing potato lunch, regular dinner (cottage cheese & fruit) next week. Low cal for sure. I eat way less potatoes at lunch and 8-16oz of 1% cottage cheese is very low cal.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Lurking around in here since adding potatoes back into my diet. Now slowly replacing the rice with potatoes. I know this potato diet is considered a hack, but is there a problem with eating a lot of potatoes all the time?

baconator is offline Junior Member
    Way to work it, and don't be afraid to try some slight variations like small protein lunches or using a tiny bit of fat to cook with.
    Thanks! I might try a tater lunch and protein dinner at some point, since I tend to have a bigger appetite at lunch time. And I actually tried the fries idea from Free the Animal with the little bit of beef fat that was left in my cast iron pan...SO GOOD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    TaterOtzi I so glad you restarted a thread this fall. I doubt I would have tried potato hack again after failing miserably the first time if not for this thread and your support.

------

Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast