Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 4

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I didn't say anything about naughty costumes, but I see I have a reputation...
    Gahhh! That picture scares the shit out of me...I'm going to have to go look at the booty thread to get it out of my mind!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    A lot of people do mashed potatoes with bone broth or some other kind of low-fat gravy, I always thought that was a good 'happy medium' if you are worried about muscle loss.

Gorbag - didn't you try the potato diet last year? I kind of remember us talking about it.
    No, I did a cyclical ketonic diet of eggs that included carb re-feeds with potatoes three days a week! One months of eggs and potatoes to get rid of stubborn bodyfat, but potato dieting is interesting stuff so I am reading your threads…

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    No, I did a cyclical ketonic diet of eggs that included carb re-feeds with potatoes three days a week! One months of eggs and potatoes to get rid of stubborn bodyfat, but potato dieting is interesting stuff so I am reading your threads…
    Do they eat many potatoes down your way? (just kidding)

moluv is offline Senior Member

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

I'm in for a few days trial but I'm keeping my morning coffee with sugar milk and gelatin.

I can easily take a break from heavy lifting and handstands for a week.

I reserve the right to use marianara sauce or bone broth on my evening potato.
    Last edited by moluv; 10-24-2013 at 11:40 AM.

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    I am soon in too. I have to finish a few things first (some fish, meat, eggs, yogurt, veggies, etc).

banjosal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    ... lobster!

Way back then lobster was so cheap and plentiful it was fed to prisoners and slaves/servants.
    Round these parts it's still that cheap if you are a lobsterman or know a few. We have our economic problems here, but no one's going to starve to death!

I've been avoiding potatoes, but I'm struggling with a terrible imbalance and I'm grasping for anything. I still have a ring of stubborn belly flab, but I'm way too thin otherwise. My face looks quite drawn. I don't have much appetite - easily fasting between lunch and dinner. My body MUST need more food, it must, it must, it must, but I can't lose this ring. Muscle tone is improving, so I'm not completely wasting away, but that little bit of paunch just won't go and nothing seems to whack it. I am definitely fat-burning; haven't eaten grains in years and I can exercise without eating. Maybe potatoes will help? Or will I get even skinnier?

Do they eat many potatoes down your way? (just kidding)
    This is the original homeland of potatoes, but here in the lowland people also eat a lot of rice, Cassava, and sweet potatoes...

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I'm in for a few days trial but I'm keeping my morning coffee with sugar milk and gelatin.

I can easily take a break from heavy lifting and handstands for a week.

I reserve the right to use marianara sauce or bone broth on my evening potato.
    I think you will do fine with those few extras.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    I am soon in too. I have to finish a few things first (some fish, meat, eggs, yogurt, veggies, etc).
    Hurry up!

Quote Originally Posted by banjosal View Post
    I've been avoiding potatoes, but I'm struggling with a terrible imbalance and I'm grasping for anything. I still have a ring of stubborn belly flab, but I'm way too thin otherwise. My face looks quite drawn. I don't have much appetite - easily fasting between lunch and dinner. My body MUST need more food, it must, it must, it must, but I can't lose this ring. Muscle tone is improving, so I'm not completely wasting away, but that little bit of paunch just won't go and nothing seems to whack it. I am definitely fat-burning; haven't eaten grains in years and I can exercise without eating. Maybe potatoes will help? Or will I get even skinnier?
    Sounds like you need a dose of Perfect Health Diet. Before I tried the potato diet last year, I was VLC and really hit a wall in everything...afterwards, I started adding potatoes and rice to my meals every day and things really worked out great--no freaky weight gain, exercise was meaningful again, and I felt awesome and warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    This is the original homeland of potatoes...
    I knew that. Have you ever had Chuno? That always intrigued me.

banjosal is offline Member
    I should have written "easily fasting between breakfast and dinner." Easily fasting between lunch and dinner is probably what one might call "normal."

So, aside from that, it sounds like there is a difference between getting starches from sweet potatoes, squash and carrots than from white potatoes, from what I gather here. Is that the case?
    Last edited by banjosal; 10-24-2013 at 12:31 PM.

I knew that. Have you ever had Chuno? That always intrigued me.
    Chuño or papas secas are eaten in the highland and they are delicious...

Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast