Page 35 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 35

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Not tired of the taters yet!

Day 1 morning weight: 153.0 (man, I hate scales)
    Day 2 morning weight: 151.2 (-1.8 lbs)
    Day 3 morning weight: 149.4 (-1.8 lbs)

Liking the results so far.
    AuroraB - I snooped on your profile, how cool that you are in medical/surgical field. Healthcare workers are some of the most unhealthy people I know. I work in a hospital, see it every day. I think what will really surprise you is that the weight stays off when you go back to normal eating. I'm sure you could pig-out for a week or two and get it back if you wanted, but if you were maintaining before, it doesn't seem to take any effort at all to maintain at the new lower weight.

I can only imagine your co-workers reactions when they find out you lost with an all-potato diet. The good thing is that once you do it, you are an instant expert. No special training necessary!

Maybe someone can start a new thread in a couple weeks called 'potato diet long-term results' or similar.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    AuroraB - I snooped on your profile, how cool that you are in medical/surgical field. Healthcare workers are some of the most unhealthy people I know. I work in a hospital, see it every day. I think what will really surprise you is that the weight stays off when you go back to normal eating. I'm sure you could pig-out for a week or two and get it back if you wanted, but if you were maintaining before, it doesn't seem to take any effort at all to maintain at the new lower weight.

I can only imagine your co-workers reactions when they find out you lost with an all-potato diet. The good thing is that once you do it, you are an instant expert. No special training necessary!

Maybe someone can start a new thread in a couple weeks called 'potato diet long-term results' or similar.
    Well, I get mixed responses from my co-workers for my WOE. Most of them admire my 'willpower' others just think I'm very bizarre.
    I'm actually trying to lose the 15 lbs I've put on over the summer after I had surgery. I'll be damned if I have to look at the cloths in my closet the are too small for me any longer!

True Story:
    My employer used to have a self-funded health insurance plan a few years ago. One of the many obese/overweight nurses that worked here (she was morbidly obese) wanted to have a gastric bypass. She had tried numerous other ways to lose ~ unsuccessfully.
    The hospital board denied approval and said that the insurance company deemed it "cosmetic" surgery. She quit shortly after that decision. It made me angry because she didn't really have any major health issues at that time and she was actually going to hopefully improve her health and not be such a drain for the hospitals self-funded program.
    During that same time-frame and then shortly after, there were 2 other employees that (1)suffered a stroke (age 72) and (2) had a CABG and never recovered. Both had extremely long hospital stays and basically 'broke' the system within 6 months of the new calendar year.
    Talk about a major fail.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    So hard to have cold potatoes for lunch when it is cold outside but I am sticking to it. Hot tea afterwards but no heated potatoes so I don't eat 1400-1500 cals worth in a day of potatoes again! Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Further to what I was saying yesterday about the knock-on satiety effect of spuds, I lost one pound during my two days of potato eating, jumped on the scale this morning after three days normal eating and have dropped another 3.5!!!

I'm spudding it again for the next four days and I'll be very, very interested to see what happens.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Holy shitballs Em! That is awesome!

Julia

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    http://dehydratingwaybeyondjerky.blo...of-course.html

So I do have a dehydrator....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Week two Day 5 - 104.00kgs (down 3kgs since start), this time last year after 10 days of spuds I had dropped 6-7kgs but I am eating more than just spuds this time and I started at a lower BF.

Food yesterday - IF until lunch, 400g BP with TBS of Greek yogurt and a TBS of relish. dinner was 500g of BP with same additions as lunch plus large green salad with grated beets and carrots. Also had a flat white coffee mid day

exercises - LH Things yesterday morning, 45mins swim in the afternoon, this morning up early for 1 hour body surfing.

felt a bit lower on energy yesterday evening, due to the workout in the morning, had my fill on spuds and hard not to reach for a big juicy steak. that's reserved for Friday night.

Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    What is in white potatoes that makes them taste sort of tingly and poisonous? I'm eating organic russet and organic red potatoes, boiled in plain well water. It's nothing new, white taters have always tasted sort of...acidic? Anybody know what substance is there making that flavor?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    What is in white potatoes that makes them taste sort of tingly and poisonous? I'm eating organic russet and organic red potatoes, boiled in plain well water. It's nothing new, white taters have always tasted sort of...acidic? Anybody know what substance is there making that flavor?
    No sign of any green bits?

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Holy shitballs Em! That is awesome!

Julia
    I know right!? I can't quite believe it myself.

Page 35 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast