Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 32

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Not sure how big, old, fit, or fat you are, but what works for me is to IF til 11am, eat one big potato, then nothing til dinner when I eat 2-3 potatoes. I usually fill up before the 3rd one is done. If I need a snack after dinner, munch a small cold potato. This puts me at a huuuge calorie deficit but I'm not hungry or lightheaded or anything. It's much easier than fasting.

If you try to eat as many as you can, or hit a certain calorie target, that's a different thing. I try to eat as few as possible without being starved. I find my hunger goes off a cliff by end of second day and after 5 days I plan a really good, nutritious meal.

If you drink coffee--continue. If you work out intensely--stop.
    I have one coffee a day, cream only. I'm currently 201 lbs. 5'9 and 41yo.

I plan on restricting my gym time. Maybe just walking see how that goes.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm finding that doing the spuds has a knock on effect on satiety even when you come off them. I did two days of taters on the weekend and this is day three of normal eating and I am finding my appetite much reduced.

Back on spuds for 4 days tomorrow.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I have one coffee a day, cream only. I'm currently 201 lbs. 5'9 and 41yo.

I plan on restricting my gym time. Maybe just walking see how that goes.
    Walking's great--that's what I do when tatering. I suspect you will do great and lose lots. Seems to work really good for guys. You can use it to get down to and below whatever goal weight you set--it never stops working. Just be sure to stop and refeed once a week or so. I'm finding a '5 on 2 off' or a '5 on 2-3 weeks off' works just great.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm finding that doing the spuds has a knock on effect on satiety even when you come off them. I did two days of taters on the weekend and this is day three of normal eating and I am finding my appetite much reduced.

Back on spuds for 4 days tomorrow.
    Exact same for me. Plus taste buds are alive afterwards, no? I have yet to experience any more than maybe 1 pound of regain in the days after, usually lose 1-2 more the following week without trying.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I don't know nuttin' 'bout no parchment paper, so you go with God my friend, and let
    us know how it turned out.

My spuds act like a diet pill - so weird. I've only had 395 cals all day and still not
    hungry from my spuds at 1pm.

I also, for some reason, have boundless energy today... and an odd "all over happy feeling".

Like, smarmy and virtuous.... Like the feeling you get when you take dopamine releasing
    narcotics.

don'taskmehowiknow

~Anonymous

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I don't know nuttin' 'bout no parchment paper, so you go with God my friend, and let
    us know how it turned out.

My spuds act like a diet pill - so weird. I've only had 395 cals all day and still not
    hungry from my spuds at 1pm.

I also, for some reason, have boundless energy today... and an odd "all over happy feeling".

Like, smarmy and virtuous.... Like the feeling you get when you take dopamine releasing
    narcotics.

don'taskmehowiknow

~Anonymous
    Parchment paper is like magic. You could burn shit to a blackened husk on it and it won't stick. Paper may catch fire though. ;p
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Yeah my first attempt at baking when I was 14 turned into a disaster when the parchment paper caught on fire. I haven't used it in the oven since. My dad's "omg I raised an idiot who puts paper in the oven" look will last me a lifetime.

I should have given him a similar look when he tried to boil an egg in the microwave and it exploded in his face but... You know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Been trying to broaden my horizons a bit this week. I wanted to try a week of potatoes+protein. Yesterday for lunch, I had 1 baked potato and 1/2 a chicken breast. For Dinner, 2 cubed/fried potatoes and a 1/2 chicken breast...and a slice of ham, and 2 pieces of bacon, and 2 oatmeal no-bake cookies, and a banana, and another whole chicken breast, and a piece of cheese. In other words--it didn't work for me...lol

Today, I had 8oz of lean pork loin for lunch and 2-1/2 pounds of potatoes for dinner fried in 1TBS olive oil. Perfectly full now 2 hours after eating. No hint of the munchies coming on.

Trying same thing tomorrow.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Otzi/tatertot (sorry you are still otzi to me),

I had great success eating cold boiled potatoes for lunch, 1% cottage cheese & a tiny bit of fruit for dinner. Under 1000cals and I was satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Would love to hear how the potato + protein works for you. I could also live on hash-browns and eggs or beanless chili over a baked potato.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast