Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 20

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    any idea how I can quickly make something sweet with the white potatoes? a quick pudding kind of think in case I really fancied something sweet?
    Can you do rice? When I am doing tators, after awhile, like after a few days, I want something sweet. So I do rice with cinnamon and a little stevia. I would even do a little honey. Then I can go back to tators. Shoot, never thought of adding honey to tators.... but after seeing the tator desserts hmmm.

I am game to try just about anything anymore. I have had so many combinations that I never ever thought I would.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    I love rice, but again I can eat tons of it lol, if I do the rice hack which means sticking to one cup of rice at each meal I'd starve... however with congee its ok as on one needs just a small amount of rice for it, but I can't survive too long on rice.

I do wonder if one can whiz a potato in the blender it with sugar/stevia/maple syrup (honey is high in salicylate too am afraid so its out for me)

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was OK to heat - refrigerate then reheat.
    Do you mean I have to eat just cold potatoes for this to work for me?
    For me, yes. For you, I don't know. I either ate just cold boiled potatoes plain or recently made potato salad with cottage cheese "mayo."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Yes Turq, with cottage cheese they are satisfying to me too, but the hack is supposed to be without.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I do wonder if one can whiz a potato in the blender it with sugar/stevia/maple syrup (honey is high in salicylate too am afraid so its out for me)
    well..... I just tried it haha

First I smashed it up, and that was okay. Then put it in my bullet. Added a smidge of almond milk. Fried that up like a pancake. It was okay but not that impressed haha. I put a little maple syrup on it, and it was better though Just smushed up in the bowl, it was okay, but I like rice better like that

I should add that it was two sort of small potatoes. I didnt quite finish, like 2 bites short, and I feel like I didnt eat anything. Weird.
    Last edited by gopintos; 11-01-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Yes Turq, with cottage cheese they are satisfying to me too, but the hack is supposed to be without.
    It only takes 1-2 tbsp of cottage cheese per 4-5 small potatoes. A lot of people use 1tbsp butter per 1 large potato and still get results.

Like I said it works when it is just cold boiled potatoes by itself for me too.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Not to be too Asian but if this was a rice hack I could go for days just eating rice (wouldn't lose weight though, would eat too much).

Rice porridge is like my comfort food. Just white rice and water. Reminds me of childhood.

------

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    No change on the scale for me after day 1. I'm tatering again today, but back to normal eating tomorrow as I have a social function.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Not to be too Asian but if this was a rice hack I could go for days just eating rice (wouldn't lose weight though, would eat too much).

Rice porridge is like my comfort food. Just white rice and water. Reminds me of childhood.

Me too, love rice porridge, and big bowl of rice with a bit of chili oil.. heaven!! but like you I'd eat far too much.

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    No change on the scale for me after day 1. I'm tatering again today, but back to normal eating tomorrow as I have a social function.
    Nothing says you have to do XX days in a row or it won't work. I think if a person cycled in a couple potato days every so often, it would go a long way towards long-term maintenance, and easier than fasting.

Me too, love rice porridge, and big bowl of rice with a bit of chili oil.. heaven!! but like you I'd eat far too much.
    Funny thing with rice. 1 cup of cooked rice has about 210 calories, but when you put a measured cup of cooked rice in a bowl or on a plate, it doesn't seem like much. I can easily eat 3-4 cups alongside a normal meal. I tried eating just rice for a few days last year thinking the potato diet was just a carb thing--didn't work out at all. I like rice, just doesn't fill me up like potatoes.

Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast