Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Potato Diet, Fall 2013 page 17

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 5 - 104.8kg (down 2.2kgs since start)

Yesterday's food - Fast until lunch, 300g cold small baked potatoes, HM relish salt. Dinner was 500g baked sweet potato with 20g grated cheese and HM tomato relish, had 5 small milky way chocolate bars as well during Halloween walk around, can of coconut water this morning, splash of milk in black tea last night.

Exercise - yesterday Walk dog and kids dog around streets 2hrs. This morning 1 hour swim squad sprint session high intensity, 2800m swum, had a can of coconut water before swim to hydrate.

Energy is fine, hunger levels have dropped off. Shouldn't of eaten the milky ways but too late and would have swum them off this morning. Going to try an all day Fast today. Visibly leaner and less bloated.

Cheers
    Last edited by fat belly frog; 10-31-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

voyaging is offline Junior Member
    Should I expect any weight loss after a day potato eating?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I'm in. I need to get a kick start on some weight loss. I can't do this at work, but I only work 7 days out of 14 so I'll just do the spuds on days I'm at home. I'll also keep my morning coffee with milk, sugar and gelatin, I think I'd rather die than give that up.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fat belly frog View Post
    Day 5 - 104.8kg (down 2.2kgs since start)
    5 pounds in 5 days...you beat the average! Come back next week and let us know if any rebound happens.

Quote Originally Posted by voyaging View Post
    Should I expect any weight loss after a day potato eating?
    That's really hard to answer. So much depends on you. Normal weight fluctuations, dehydration, food intake prior. You'll just have to find out for yourself. Normally, though, if you were just eating regularly and went right into potatoes, you'd see a loss the first day. Sometimes, I think people eat a bit more the days before anticipating the hunger, then put a lot of salt on their potatoes and end up gaining weight the first day, but it's all water weight.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Ok, I'm in. I need to get a kick start on some weight loss. I can't do this at work, but I only work 7 days out of 14 so I'll just do the spuds on days I'm at home. I'll also keep my morning coffee with milk, sugar and gelatin, I think I'd rather die than give that up.
    Keep the coffee...we don't need you to die. I find it's easier to pull off the potato diet while at work, got stuff to keep me occupied. Only downside is if you have to eat lunch with others, then it's hard. Doing it at home can be good, too, especially if it keeps you from mindless eating. Let us know!

epicurie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Epicurie-
    Chocolate ice cream is high carb and high fat...

Therefore designed to be hyperpalatable and put lbs on.

I don't understand why it is generally seen only as high carb...

Potato hack is high carb almost zero fat. S&e is almost zero carbs. Don't eat high carbs and high fat together.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks turquoisepassion, that's what I was referring to.
    It's not just the fact that the potato diet has high carbs that does the trick. The low fat matters, a lot. But that's not the whole story either, because calories seem to have Nothing to do with it for many people since their caloric deficit isn't anywhere near what their weight loss adds-up to (just like the hyperpalatability of ice cream doesn't enter the picture if you control the calories).
    There's 'something else' , still to be determined, that accounts for the magic. And it Is magic, because of course its 'impossible' to lose more solid mass than you supposedly need for your energy requirements in a day.
    Yet we keep doing just that and there's no dehydration nor glycogen/water loss.
    So very cool, eh?

epicurie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I know what you mean, there's no diet I'd ever try no matter how interesting if I had to give up my coffee, with a dash of cocoa and plenty of cream. It makes absolutely no difference here, I have two of those a day. Maintaining state of bliss throughout the potato hack

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Keep the coffee...we don't need you to die. I find it's easier to pull off the potato diet while at work, got stuff to keep me occupied. Only downside is if you have to eat lunch with others, then it's hard. Doing it at home can be good, too, especially if it keeps you from mindless eating. Let us know!
    I have to eat all my meals with others and they're all nosy nurses too,so someone would quiz me, then lecture me and I really don't need that noise Home is easier for me, it's just me and the kids and they love spuds. I'll just add meat and veg to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by epicurie View Post
    I know what you mean, there's no diet I'd ever try no matter how interesting if I had to give up my coffee, with a dash of cocoa and plenty of cream. It makes absolutely no difference here, I have two of those a day. Maintaining state of bliss throughout the potato hack
    Good to know

voyaging is offline Junior Member
    So no fat at all?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

otzi Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by voyaging View Post
    So no fat at all?
    No fat at all is the purest and the original potato diet. As they said in 1849, 'no salt, no butter, no condiment of any kind'

However, in 2013, some have found it's OK to use a bit of salt, butter (fat), or condiments. When I say 'a bit', I mean, 'a bit'. Not a stick of butter--a sliver of butter!

Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast