Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with hunger page

coreym11787 is offline Junior Member

Dealing with hunger

Primal Fuel
    I just want to know if anyone is/has gone through a phase where you feel like you're starving all of the time? I'm eating like I'm supposed to and drinking (except one soda a day to keep from having a pounding headache) if anyone has, how long does it last and how to deal with it and how to keep the headache away so I can drop the soda? Thanks!

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    Maybe your body is craving the soda and like a junkie you are feeding the habit. What does eating like I'm supposed to mean? That just might need further refining to get you squared away.

I've been eating meats,veggies, and fruits. No sugars, carbs, or processed meats. Eggs too. Love some eggs. Sorry I'm about 4 days into this so I'm still extremely new. The headaches and hunger is what gets to me.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I'd suggest dropping the soda and eating more carbs.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

MarielleGO is online now Senior Member
    Drop the soda, it's feeding your carb-flu and addiction big time.
    Try eating more of everything in general but try to keep it sugar free. Make sure that when you eat, you make it a meal. Eat enough during that moment and don't go snacking all day around. It's hard to over-eat of veggies
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Not enough fatty meats or fish.

Thank you guys for all of the suggestions. I'll be trying some if these things out. I thought we was supposed to avoid carbs because Grok wouldn't have them. I'm slightly confused there. As for the headaches from the withdrawals, any suggestions?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by coreym11787 View Post
    Thank you guys for all of the suggestions. I'll be trying some if these things out. I thought we was supposed to avoid carbs because Grok wouldn't have them. I'm slightly confused there. As for the headaches from the withdrawals, any suggestions?
    What literature or sites have you read on a paleo/primal diet? Some people use carb restriction for specific goals, such as weight loss or disease maintenance. There's no rule that you can't eat starches or fruit.

Make sure your sodium intake is adequate, as getting away from heavily processed foods often means that your sodium intake is reduced. You might try some coconut water to make sure your electrolytes are up, or supplement some magnesium.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreym11787 View Post
    I was low-carb (under 50g) in the beginning as a way of getting appetite/cravings in check. Fruit/starches would bring back cravings for me. Once I got those things in check I was able to add some back in. Some people don't need to do this. Only way that worked for me. You need to find what works for you.

PrimalCon New York
    Maybe I should say what I haven't been eating to clarify lol. No grains, pastas, breads, cereals. No potatoes, beans, or peanuts. No salt or sugar. No sweets or processed food. If it isn't meat, veggies, or fruit I'm not eating it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast