Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colds and hay fever remedy? page

star is offline Member

Colds and hay fever remedy?

Primal Fuel
    I always have this colds and recently i had hay fever. I've been taking meds but my friend suggested me to use a humidifier which will help relieve my respiratory issues. what do you think? what brand do you suggest?

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Hay fever is an allergic reaction so I'm not sure it will help other then to get the mucous out.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I cured my seasonal allergies by eating local, raw honey in the late winter and spring. Somehow it desensitizes the body to local pollens (if the bees put them in the honey!) and allows sniffly-joes like me to not only go outside, but even mow my lawn! Just a tsp. a day for a month or two before the bloom seems to do it. Previously I had to wear a respirator and/or and take large doses of benadryl to avoid the horrific swollen face/throat, sniffles, red eyes and difficult breathing.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I cured my seasonal allergies by eating local, raw honey in the late winter and spring. Somehow it desensitizes the body to local pollens (if the bees put them in the honey!) and allows sniffly-joes like me to not only go outside, but even mow my lawn! Just a tsp. a day for a month or two before the bloom seems to do it. Previously I had to wear a respirator and/or and take large doses of benadryl to avoid the horrific swollen face/throat, sniffles, red eyes and difficult breathing.
    That seems like a genius idea to me. What made you think to do that?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    The point of eating Primal is to fix your body so you don't get colds and lessen or eliminate the hay fever. I tried the local honey trick (been knocked about for as long as I can remember) and it did nothing as my issue was grains & sugar overdoses. I eliminated them from my diet and colds are rare, sinus troubles, hay fever and allergies are mostly gone.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Yes, I cut grains, too! And for two years, did the honey also. I still eat no grains, but forgot the honey this spring and SUFFERED this summer. So results may vary, I think. It might help that my gut is leakier than a Motel 6 faucet...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    That sounds like something that maybe I should try. Not to be gross, but I have constant mucous, and am sniffling and clearing my throat all the time. Annoys people around me and makes it hard to record my voice (I make videos).

I used to get sick several times a year, but cutting out grains and other junk seems to have helped with that--have only gotten sick ONCE this year, and it was in January. This time last year, I'd gotten sick enough to miss work five times by now.

But the mucous problem just won't go away, even after (mostly) giving up dairy.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    For hay fever I have found that adding a little local raw honey (has to be local AND raw - nothing else will do) taken as an inoculation just before the start of my allergy season in conjunction with eating paleo has been the single most effective treatment I've ever used. When I did that I only needed to take 5-9 allergy pills in addition through the whole season.

By contrast this year I was doing a gluten challenge in order to get tested for celiac and my allergies were TERRIBLE - worst I've had since I moved away from Kentucky (I'm very allergic to blue grass it seems).

For colds I just get rest and drink lots of fluids and take an herbal, zinc enhanced cough drop 1-3 times per day.

For the congestion related to both hay fever and colds I cannot more highly recommend good old fashioned steam to break up the mucous and help you expel it more easily.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

star is offline Member
    Eating honey seems to be a great idea , i haven't tried it... but to expel the mucuos out i've been doing that too, always.. as well as drinking lots of water and juices. aside from this i just thought of doing or buying something that will help me breath more easily if i have colds, cough or hay fever especially whenever i sleep, so my friends suggested a humidifier. i've been checking around the net about this as well as the natural way and weight things which is better...

grains should be eliminated on my diet too

star is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eats.meats.west View Post
    The point of eating Primal is to fix your body so you don't get colds and lessen or eliminate the hay fever. I tried the local honey trick (been knocked about for as long as I can remember) and it did nothing as my issue was grains & sugar overdoses. I eliminated them from my diet and colds are rare, sinus troubles, hay fever and allergies are mostly gone.
    antihistamines and nasal corticosteroids are treatments for hay fever. If these prove ineffective, doctors may recommend immunotherapy, a desensitisation. Have you heard of this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast