Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colds and hay fever remedy? page 2

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My kids go to a kindergarden where they catch and bring stuff home. Before primal, I was getting a cold every year, with screwed up sinuses, etc. The whole shebang. This time (almost 2 years): nothing. And they don't seem to fall sick either. So something is working here I see so many of their little pals with snot all over, ear infections, etc. My kids: nothing, nada!
    Let's hope it lasts ...

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Sure, I've heard of those methods. But the problem was solved by eating a correct diet for my body instead of fruitless interactions with quackery by MD's.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    If you are allergic to grasses or mold eating local honey won't do much good because bees have nothing to do with them. If you happen to be allergic to the pollen from flowering plants/trees then eating local honey could help. We've kept bees for years and I really wish eating honey from our bees alleviated my allergies but unfortunately it did nothing. Eating paleo has not helped either, I've been eating paleo for 3+ yrs and still have allergies.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

star is offline Member
    Urban, so honey is not effective to you, have you taken meds? they say ginger is also good for colds and flu.. i've done all this cleaning my surroundings, vacuuming and getting rid of dusts and pollen, i wanted to try something new to cure colds and hay fever ..

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Urban, so honey is not effective to you, have you taken meds? they say ginger is also good for colds and flu.. i've done all this cleaning my surroundings, vacuuming and getting rid of dusts and pollen, i wanted to try something new to cure colds and hay fever ..
    I pretty much tried everything from Western medicine to chinese herbs and acupuncture, including paleo autoimmune. The one thing I haven't done and won't do is live in a bubble. BTW I have the allergies year round and it doesn't seem to matter where I am.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

star is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    BTW I have the allergies year round and it doesn't seem to matter where I am.
    proper management of your allergies is the solution i can see here.. but totally getting away with it is not possible.

star is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    My kids go to a kindergarden where they catch and bring stuff home. Before primal, I was getting a cold every year, with screwed up sinuses, etc. The whole shebang. This time (almost 2 years): nothing.
    what do you do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12