Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Colds and hay fever remedy? page 2

  1. #11
    FrenchFry's Avatar
    FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    world
    Posts
    1,781
    Primal Fuel
    My kids go to a kindergarden where they catch and bring stuff home. Before primal, I was getting a cold every year, with screwed up sinuses, etc. The whole shebang. This time (almost 2 years): nothing. And they don't seem to fall sick either. So something is working here I see so many of their little pals with snot all over, ear infections, etc. My kids: nothing, nada!
    Let's hope it lasts ...

  2. #12
    eats.meats.west's Avatar
    eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    816
    Sure, I've heard of those methods. But the problem was solved by eating a correct diet for my body instead of fruitless interactions with quackery by MD's.

  3. #13
    Urban Forager's Avatar
    Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,127
    If you are allergic to grasses or mold eating local honey won't do much good because bees have nothing to do with them. If you happen to be allergic to the pollen from flowering plants/trees then eating local honey could help. We've kept bees for years and I really wish eating honey from our bees alleviated my allergies but unfortunately it did nothing. Eating paleo has not helped either, I've been eating paleo for 3+ yrs and still have allergies.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

  4. #14
    star's Avatar
    star is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    44
    Urban, so honey is not effective to you, have you taken meds? they say ginger is also good for colds and flu.. i've done all this cleaning my surroundings, vacuuming and getting rid of dusts and pollen, i wanted to try something new to cure colds and hay fever ..

  5. #15
    Urban Forager's Avatar
    Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,127
    Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Urban, so honey is not effective to you, have you taken meds? they say ginger is also good for colds and flu.. i've done all this cleaning my surroundings, vacuuming and getting rid of dusts and pollen, i wanted to try something new to cure colds and hay fever ..
    I pretty much tried everything from Western medicine to chinese herbs and acupuncture, including paleo autoimmune. The one thing I haven't done and won't do is live in a bubble. BTW I have the allergies year round and it doesn't seem to matter where I am.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

  6. #16
    star's Avatar
    star is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    BTW I have the allergies year round and it doesn't seem to matter where I am.
    proper management of your allergies is the solution i can see here.. but totally getting away with it is not possible.

  7. #17
    star's Avatar
    star is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    44
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    My kids go to a kindergarden where they catch and bring stuff home. Before primal, I was getting a cold every year, with screwed up sinuses, etc. The whole shebang. This time (almost 2 years): nothing.
    what do you do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •