Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chocoperfection page

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member

Chocoperfection

Primal Fuel
    MILK ChocoPerfection Bars - Gift Box of 12

I got a box today and they're awesome. I think the ingredients look pretty solid, and I'm thinking about using them to replace meals when I'm running to class -- one bar plus two hardboiled eggs for some protein.

Am I overlooking anything sketchy in the ingredients list? Has anybody tried these?

white123 is offline Junior Member
    Can you direct me to other articles about this? I will recommend this article to my friends as well. Thanks
    Last edited by white123; 03-11-2014 at 10:19 PM.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Not to be a naysayer, but why not just buy a regular chocolate bar? The benefits of specialty chocolate bars to me are to find ones without soy lecithin, but these contain soy and have weird plant fiber and sugar alcohols. Looks like a recipe for gas and bloating. Why not just stick to something like Green & Blacks, which don't contain weird plant fibers and sugar alcohols, the 85% have no soy lecithin and are readily available?
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 10-23-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    This person wants to avoid carbs at any cost

Chocolove espresso chocolate is my favorite.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Not to be a naysayer, but why not just buy a regular chocolate bar? The benefits of specialty chocolate bars to me are to find ones without soy lecithin, but these contain soy and have weird plant fiber and sugar alcohols. Looks like a recipe for gas and bloating. Why not just stick to something like Green & Blacks, which don't contain weird plant fibers and sugar alcohols, the 85% have no soy lecithin and are readily available?
    Yeah, shop rite regularly has green & blacks organic (no soy) on sale for $1.99!

As to the OP: if they don't have an aftertaste, I guess they're ok. I can't stand the cooling effect of erythritol.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    If you don't mind the soy lecithin, these are the best chocolate bars I've had recently. I have only tried the salt and pepper version. They are like a dark milk chocolate, creamy smooth like milk chocolate, not very sweet but not bitter and hard like some dark chocolates. Something right in the middle. And the salt makes it amazing.
    Products | Salazon Chocolate Co.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    This person wants to avoid carbs at any cost

Chocolove espresso chocolate is my favorite.
    I don't get that vibe.

If you want to avoid carbs, buy darker chocolate. Don't sub sugar alcohols and weird isolated fruit fiber.

I just received this:

http://www.bulknaturaloils.com/Produ...oa-liquor.aspx

I purchased 5.5 lbs of cocoa liquor for $27. Can't beat it. I also got their 8.8 lbs of cocoa butter as well.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    MILK ChocoPerfection Bars - Gift Box of 12

I got a box today and they're awesome. I think the ingredients look pretty solid, and I'm thinking about using them to replace meals when I'm running to class -- one bar plus two hardboiled eggs for some protein.

Am I overlooking anything sketchy in the ingredients list? Has anybody tried these?
    looks pretty good to me. Butter oil ? As in Weston Price butter oil ? Like the K2 booster ? Sound even better if that is. Erythritol ? who cares ? there is 0 bloat with it, it does not reach the lower gut, and you pee all of it. 0 cal, null metabolically speaking.Cooling effect ? Xylitol is much worse in that respect I think.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    looks pretty good to me. Butter oil ? As in Weston Price butter oil ? Like the K2 booster ? Sound even better if that is. Erythritol ? who cares ? there is 0 bloat with it, it does not reach the lower gut, and you pee all of it. 0 cal, null metabolically speaking.Cooling effect ? Xylitol is much worse in that respect I think.
    Butter oil = ghee.

Most Americans don't know what ghee is. It's just refined milkfat.

Erythritol is the best sugar alcohol in my research and personal experience - some of the stevia I have is packed in it - but seriously...why not just get regular chocolate? It's better for you.

And the "chicory root fiber" freaks me out. It sounds like sawdust to me. Mmm, bulking agents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast