Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Pencil Necks ? page

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member

Question Any Pencil Necks ?

Primal Fuel
    A female forum member messaged me recently in regards to neck training. I'll be honest it wasn't till I was involved in bad car smash where a big truck rear ended my car that I even gave neck training a second thought.
    The truck hit my stationary car with so much force that my car seat sheared off the runners and I ended up still strapped in the seat but in the back of the car. The people at the hospital told me that it was probably my physique that limited the damage to what it was, this made me wonder if I'd have been even less injured had I dedicated more work to my neck !

To this day I still probably don't work my neck as much as I should but the few intense sets that I do subject it to appear to be keeping it in line with the rest of my physique.

This was a snapshot I took today after my Abs,Forearms and Neck session:

How many of you dedicate specific work to your necks and if so what do you do ?

Aha....BCMan...

I knew this post looked familiar

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Aha....BCMan...

I knew this post looked familiar
    LOL, you over there as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    LOL, you over there as well ?
    Yeah. Been there longer than I've been here, and I've been here for about 3 1/2 years. Counterpuncher is here and there as well

Yeah. Been there longer than I've been here, and I've been here for about 3 1/2 years. Counterpuncher is here and there as well
    Nice, I find the members here are a little more open to friendly debate. My style of training is still worlds apart from what most do but at least they are willing to analyze stuff over here.Some great guys over on that forum as well but it's always a pretty specific type of training, which is to be expected given the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Nice, I find the members here are a little more open to friendly debate. My style of training is still worlds apart from what most do but at least they are willing to analyze stuff over here.Some great guys over on that forum as well but it's always a pretty specific type of training, which is to be expected given the forum.
    I agree. To put it plainly, I think that a lot of guys over there have been punched in the head one too many times. Lol

I agree. To put it plainly, I think that a lot of guys over there have been punched in the head one too many times. Lol
    LOL, most mean well !

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    What's your neck measure just OS?

Actually, where should you measure it? I'm 15" to15.5" just below the Adam's apple, where a short collar would button.

When I was about 10kg heavier (all muscle) it was over 16". i've never specifically trained my neck, though it's something I've been thinking about recently as I'm looking at getting back into martial arts. Either just bjj or a mix of bjj and fma and a I'm sure stronger neck would help.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    What's your neck measure just OS?

Actually, where should you measure it? I'm 15" to15.5" just below the Adam's apple, where a short collar would button.

When I was about 10kg heavier (all muscle) it was over 16". i've never specifically trained my neck, though it's something I've been thinking about recently as I'm looking at getting back into martial arts. Either just bjj or a mix of bjj and fma and a I'm sure stronger neck would help.
    I think it's about 16.5".

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, I don't do neck training and I'm not a pencil neck. More like a no neck.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast