Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to subdue the munchies? page

moluv is offline Senior Member

How to subdue the munchies?

Shop Now
    I'm realizing that my pot smoking may be hindering my fat loss efforts- not due to laziness or lack of motivation but because of the dreaded MUNCHIES. I don't want to not smoke pot because I find the benefits (for me) outweigh the negatives- the main one being increased appetite. I don't necessarily pig out on junk food or even really overeat for that matter- but I am trying to run a calorie deficit consistently to lose some fat and would like to know if anyone has found a way to circumvent the munchies.

I would really appreciate some serious answers to this so if you don't have an idea about killing the munchies please keep your judgements, opinions and cheech and chong jokes to yourself :P

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Have you considered Adderall? It's >, I think.

I'm j/k. I have nothing.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I know you don't agree with the way I eat, but honestly, a few days of restricted carbs goes a long way to curb appetite. I eat rice, just not piles. I eat the occasional duck fat french fries. On an average of once a month, I even eat the dreaded bread. But if I had to guesstimate, about 25 days per month, my carbs are lower than 75 grams. This has gone a long way to curb a lifetime of eating when I'm not really hungry. Smoking pot doesn't make me really hungry, but alcohol does. So, controlling that is also contributing to a steady decline of eating crap foods and/or eating when I don't really need the nourishment.

Good luck. Don't give up smoking pot, but do make pot your bitch.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Eat your largest meal before getting high, then smoke cigs or chew on something else.
    nihil

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I'm realizing that my pot smoking may be hindering my fat loss efforts- not due to laziness or lack of motivation but because of the dreaded MUNCHIES. I don't want to not smoke pot because I find the benefits (for me) outweigh the negatives- the main one being increased appetite. I don't necessarily pig out on junk food or even really overeat for that matter- but I am trying to run a calorie deficit consistently to lose some fat and would like to know if anyone has found a way to circumvent the munchies.

I would really appreciate some serious answers to this so if you don't have an idea about killing the munchies please keep your judgements, opinions and cheech and chong jokes to yourself :P
    You could always try switching to a drug that suppresses your appetite.... Coke is pretty natural if you have a clean connection.... But if you really just love the bud try some bullet coffee.... Coffee with MTC oil (coconut oil) and butter... Idk if this actually works.... But it might be worth a shot.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Yeah cocaine modulates your feeding system among other things
    nihil

Prime-Animal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I know you don't agree with the way I eat, but honestly, a few days of restricted carbs goes a long way to curb appetite. I eat rice, just not piles. I eat the occasional duck fat french fries. On an average of once a month, I even eat the dreaded bread. But if I had to guesstimate, about 25 days per month, my carbs are lower than 75 grams. This has gone a long way to curb a lifetime of eating when I'm not really hungry. Smoking pot doesn't make me really hungry, but alcohol does. So, controlling that is also contributing to a steady decline of eating crap foods and/or eating when I don't really need the nourishment.

Good luck. Don't give up smoking pot, but do make pot your bitch.
    +1 over here, never get munchies but drinking can lead me to devouring any form of nutrition!

And I don't think risking a cocaine addiction or starting smoking is a great way to curb you appetite lol. Coffee sounds like a good one actually.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Smoke tobacco to counter the hunger.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

How to subdue the munchies?

Smoke before bed and then pass out. Or smoke right before a meal.

That's what my ex did and he was* the biggest pothead ever.

*is
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-22-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinglife View Post
    You could always try switching to a drug that suppresses your appetite.... Coke is pretty natural if you have a clean connection.... But if you really just love the bud try some bullet coffee.... Coffee with MTC oil (coconut oil) and butter... Idk if this actually works.... But it might be worth a shot.
    IDK, cocaine seems to make people assholes. Weed is chill. I've never touched cocaine, but I would recommend Adderall before coke to anyone; it's kind of similar from what I understand. Like weed, it has a completely relaxing effect on me in small doses.

I think munchies are just part of your inhibitions being lower. I used to get that way when I drank alcohol. I'd probably just save my biggest meal for after I smoked the weed. Buttttt if you're high all day long, that's a toughie.
    Last edited by j3nn; 10-23-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast