Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to subdue the munchies? page 3

Prime-Animal is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Really unrelated topic(s) so if I should make another thread I will no problem, but does anyone get anxiety/ overthinking/negative thinking patterns from smoking? I feel as though I can't enjoy my high around certain people, and also experience brain fog (in the way of me forgetting EVERYTHING)

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime-Animal View Post
    Really unrelated topic(s) so if I should make another thread I will no problem, but does anyone get anxiety/ overthinking/negative thinking patterns from smoking? I feel as though I can't enjoy my high around certain people, and also experience brain fog (in the way of me forgetting EVERYTHING)
    I can't smoke weed due to the panic attacks that ensue. I envy people that can enjoy it. it makes me spaz out and believe death is imminent. No bueno. Not enjoyable at all.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

sjoshua is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime-Animal View Post
    This would indicate to me that your mind/body is not optimal. This may not make sense, but if you are in the right place mentally/physically (related to your body, not your physical location on a map), then you will have an enjoyable time. You likely have those same negative thought patterns when sober, they just shine through brighter when not sober. As far as your last statement about the people you can't be around when high: Do you actually enjoy being around them sober?

Forgetting everything isn't good, but there is definitely a reduction in short term memory abilities. And without the short term, its hard for your brain to save the long term version. This is why living in the moment is important though.

moluv: are you in a medicinal state (you don't have to answer that, but if not this advice may be hard to follow)? Look up THCv and pursue strains high in that compound. There is much more than just THC and CBD in cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by sjoshua View Post
    This would indicate to me that your mind/body is not optimal. This may not make sense, but if you are in the right place mentally/physically (related to your body, not your physical location on a map), then you will have an enjoyable time. You likely have those same negative thought patterns when sober, they just shine through brighter when not sober. As far as your last statement about the people you can't be around when high: Do you actually enjoy being around them sober?

It makes a lot of sense. I've often wondered if maybe I wasn't enjoying it for a reason. That being possibly I had/have to focus on other more important things. Getting high when young was and is fun still on occasion, but I find I'm much more influenceable when stoned. In the sense that I am much more passive, and non conflictual which is in essence my very nature. This, paired with what I referred to and you absolutely hit on the head, was that I smoked predominantly with, and still hang around with, people I see as not people I can feasibly maintain a relationship the rest of my life. Are they bad people, not entirely, maybe we're just not compatible, although we were much closer. Maybe that time being close was for a reason. And the time apart will be much more valuable/beneficial. Choose your friends carefully as they say. I went through a really rough time a few years back, developed negative thinking patterns, which was around the same time I began to smoke weed more often.

[/QUOTE] Forgetting everything isn't good, but th
    ere is definitely a reduction in short term memory abilities. And without the short term, its hard for your brain to save the long term version. This is why living in the moment is important though. [/QUOTE]

I hope that perhaps this is just because some current circumstances aren't right. What I mean by this is that since cutting out gluten, seed oils, and incredibly via another thread the last few days, PUFA, my cognition has improved greatly. This leads me to believe that maybe there are nutritional deficiencies, or anti nutrients which must be dealt with before inhaling carbon dioxide infused THC :P As well as the usual culprits of stress, and surrounding environment.

One last thing is that apparently canabis doesn't allow you to enter deep sleep or rem sleep, where recovery as well as the storing of information in your brain occurs. I read one article suggesting but it stuck with me. When I smoke pre-bedtime I often feel lethargic and incredibly tired the following morning.

Thank you very much for your reply, means quite a lot to someone who lost a little of the spark when it came to bud

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I can't smoke weed due to the panic attacks that ensue. I envy people that can enjoy it. it makes me spaz out and believe death is imminent. No bueno. Not enjoyable at all.
    I hear you, I feel as though I mind of see through people, and can't really be around negative or fake people. It drives my anxiety levels way tp high. I never get panic attacks where I think I'm gonna die, but I do get a crazy case of neuroticism and must reflect on every single detail of my life lol

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I can't smoke weed

I envy people that can enjoy it.
    Don't hate me because I'm high

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    An easy cure for the munchies is to simply not stock up on ready-to-eat food. When you are smoking pot and getting high, you are more than likely lazy as hell. Lazy person + empty fridge = no munchies.

Another easy cure is to stop smoking weed. Breathing in smoke of any kind is no bueno. I've been there, done that. I get the same kind of relaxing effect from other things, such as after exercising and sex. If you really must use marijuana because it's so beneficial, using a vaporizer is more healthy than smoking it, and baking it into stuff is even more healthy than that--just don't get the munchies and eat the entire tray of baked goods.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Jer37208 is offline Member
    back when I used to indulge and wanted to be healthier, I would make healthy paleo "snack trays", but I would add a lot of flavor and texture profiles. Something sweet, something salty, something crunchy, etc. I found that with a good variety, I binged less for what it's worth.
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I had this problem for a long time also, and have lost and kept off 10 pounds by just making iced coffee with almond milk and stevia whenever I have the munchies now; it's sweet and foamy and rich and fatty like, so it feels like a desert, and you can crunch the ice, but it's pretty much nothing, calorie-wise.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    haha and with you moluv on loving me some uppers. I don't understand why anyone would recommend that though like one just pops adderall carelessly and to solve an immediate problem, like it's not something that will then frame your next 18 hours.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123