Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knee pain and inflammation for almost 5 months! Help! page 2

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Stay away from hot yoga. In fact, stay away from any yoga studio where the teachers are not skilled in anatomy.

I fucked up my knees something fierce in July doing hot yoga. I'm *still* in pain when I bend my knees. They always tell you to "go beyond your limits" and "push yourself beyond your comfort zone". And you don't know any better because it's so effing hot in there, so you can't feel anything that hurts currently. Try telling said yoga teacher not to adjust you to go deeper? Yikes.

I see an athletic therapist and a physio who works with athletes. They are phenomenal women, and I don't know where I'd be without them.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

MisterMoose is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i'm convinced hot yoga is what gave me achilles and heel pain, just seems too coincidental 3 weeks in. I do remember the teacher forcing everyone to go beyond their limits by continually telling everyone to 'reach further...ect' My feet would burn during standing poses and I could feel discomfort during downward dog. I think I overdid it, too fast.

I still want to do yoga once I'm healthy again but will be looking into Yin which is less dangerous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12