Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Fix My Legs. Doctors/PT's Won't Help page

HelloMeteor is offline Member

Can't Fix My Legs. Doctors/PT's Won't Help

Shop Now
    I've been going to doctors and pt's for 8 years. Seen at least a dozen doctors and dozen pt's. It feels like my legs are out of alignment, like the upper and lower legs aren't oriented with respect to each other correctly.

Every time I go to a doc or PT, they tell me that I only have minor issues, glute weakness, lack of stability, but it feels like major issues. I do glute work, stabalization work, etc, and nothing changes. In fact, everything only gets worse, slowly but steadily.

I've consulted with well known names in the mobility game, and they've not been able to help.

How do I find someone who will actually stick with me and help? I've tried the conventional doc/PT route, and it's been a utter failure. I have less than nothing to show for 8 years of work.

I'm about to snap. Doctors don't care to do any digging into my issues. Neither do PT's. They just plop me into a set formula/program, and if that doesn't work, they send me away.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Is this something that is causing pain, or is it just annoying to you? Are there any functional problems? Some of the apathy that you get from Doctors is that any more than rehab/PT would probably be worse than living with what you have. If there truly is a misalignment or deformity of the bone the only recourse is either live with it or surgery, and surgery would likely leave you worse off than you are. Or at best in the same position as you are already in.

Have you tried back squats? I have some hip and lower back issues that are greatly relieved by squats.

HelloMeteor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    Is this something that is causing pain, or is it just annoying to you? Are there any functional problems? Some of the apathy that you get from Doctors is that any more than rehab/PT would probably be worse than living with what you have. If there truly is a misalignment or deformity of the bone the only recourse is either live with it or surgery, and surgery would likely leave you worse off than you are. Or at best in the same position as you are already in.

Have you tried back squats? I have some hip and lower back issues that are greatly relieved by squats.
    I can't squat, or at least shouldn't, due to this very issue.
    I get pain, but not a lot. My legs just feel all messed up. Out of alignment, and no one in the profession actually listens to me.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Ummmm have you tried going to a chyropractor? If it is misalinment then there more likely going to be able to tell you and get it fixed.
    Also some are better than others so get recomendations before going.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMeteor View Post
    I can't squat, or at least shouldn't, due to this very issue.
    Actually, this issue is precisely why you should squat, if you can. Our bodies don't adapt to stimuli we fail to provide. I bet it would take less than 3 months under the bar to fix you completely.

becks83 is offline Member
    I can't really help, just wanted to empathise with you. I also have this problem - with me it just seems to be lots of random (I'm sure they're not random, but to a layperson, they feel that way!) aches and pains. I've seen a physio, a sports masseur, and read lots on it and tried various things, but it feels like something new always crops up. I don't even work out properly now, just walk and stretch. I agree with the squats - going to try again to get into a routine with these and other strengthening exercises. I'm bad at routines....
    Have you tried yoga?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I would suggest seeing a chiropractor who has experience with physical therapy and/or sports therapy. My chiropractor gives us exercises after an adjustment to help support the changes. Wall-facing squats are part of my prescribed treatment to keep my hips even, as well as lunges to stretch my hip flexors.

Yoga would probably help over time, as well as to reinforce proper stance/posture & any adjustments made by a chiropractor.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Try body weight squats first, or just using a 45lb bar. Yoga and swimming would be good things to try also.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member

Do you feel anything unusual when you put your joints through their range of motion? How would you rate the pain 0-10, 0 being nothing at all, 10 being the worst pain you have ever felt. Describe the quality of the pain, is it sharp and stabbing or dull and achy, or is it a tearing sensation. What is your overall tolerance to pain like?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast