Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help getting bodyfat down just that last 2%. page 4

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry about the thread jack ))

honeychip is offline Member
    Thank you so much for your replies, they are very help full!!
    Since doing 1200 calories I've not had any craving just really really low energy!
    I have fitness pal, that set me 1200 per day!
    What do you suggest?
    I know 6/8 pounds isn't much but to me it it & it's important physically & for me mentally 😄😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by honeychip View Post
    Thank you so much for your replies, they are very help full!!
    Since doing 1200 calories I've not had any craving just really really low energy!
    I have fitness pal, that set me 1200 per day!
    What do you suggest?
    I know 6/8 pounds isn't much but to me it it & it's important physically & for me mentally 😄😄😄
    Wow I had suggested MFP because livestrong had once given me a 800 calorie budget. Yes you read that right; 800 calories. Bad.

It honestly depends on your height and build, metabolism, and activity level. WebMD says a 19-30 year old woman should eat between 2000 and 2400 calories. I (who am not a nutritionist, scientist, or anything impressive) suggest starting with 2000 since you are so active and seeing how that feels. That would be a dearth of 400 calories so you aren't over eating but you should have plenty of energy.

Make sure you've got the occasional high intensity workout (strength training and sprints); that will help boost metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Wow I had suggested MFP because livestrong had once given me a 800 calorie budget. Yes you read that right; 800 calories. Bad.

It honestly depends on your height and build, metabolism, and activity level. WebMD says a 19-30 year old woman should eat between 2000 and 2400 calories. I (who am not a nutritionist, scientist, or anything impressive) suggest starting with 2000 since you are so active and seeing how that feels. That would be a dearth of 400 calories so you aren't over eating but you should have plenty of energy.

Make sure you've got the occasional high intensity workout (strength training and sprints); that will help boost metabolism.
    Thank you xx
    What is MFP??

My fitness pal
    Got it :-))

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post

2000 really?? Even tho I want to lose weight?
    What foods do you suggest?
    I do strength train & will get back to sprints :-)
    If this helps- 5'2.... 31 yrs ....& 10 stone..... That 6-8 pounds is important to me!!!
    What's your success story :-))

Quote Originally Posted by honeychip View Post
    2000 really?? Even tho I want to lose weight?
    What foods do you suggest?
    I do strength train & will get back to sprints :-)
    If this helps- 5'2.... 31 yrs ....& 10 stone..... That 6-8 pounds is important to me!!!
    What's your success story :-))
    BLUH BLUH sorry again lol. You have to lose the thought that calories are bad. Calories are ENERGY. Calories in calories out is only half the battle with proper nutrition and responsible lifestyle being equally if not more important. I can't really call mine a success story yet, though I am certainly back in track with strict gluten avoidance (I am intolerant and have finally admitted it), eating between 1800 and 2200 calories (some days I am less hungry, some ravenous but I bonk hard at less than 1700), and interval training.

That is what works for me; I am 5'7", female, moderate-ish-ly active. I (again, just my opinion, and I'm no pro) think 2000 is appropriate, even though you are petit, because of your activity level. There is a member named turquoise (something something) who is a very petit Chinese lady, very active, and could eat me under the table. Try it for a couple weeks, and if you don't see your clothes fitting better (scale isn't the greatest measure of fitness), back off to 1800 and swap the oatmeal for a safer carb like sweet potato, rice, or try fruit instead. You can tweet macros if you feel like it, but if you aren't craving any one thing and your recovery time from exercise is good and energy high, I would tend to think your macros are fine.

sjoshua is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alancarscadden View Post
    Thank Lazarus. 7 or 8% is just too low for me. It's never been a target, but your reply was very thorough! I'm not into short sharp shocks really and was looking for a tweak that I can live with as my current eating pattern is amazing and suits me down to the ground. I did IF with keto for 2 months and although it was effective, I felt restricted. I think I'm going to go with 10% less consumption and more sprints for a month. See what happens.
    I'm a 30yo male at ~8% BF. I've maintained this level for over a year now, +/- 5 lbs depending on whether or not I am focusing on strength training at the time. I've made it effortless for myself, and I don't feel like it is a "chore" to maintain. One thing I do is daily IF; only eating one evening meal/day. This was mainly a convenience thing, since it saves me a lot of cooking/eating time, but it also has numerous health benefits. It also allots me an hour/day to use on my lunch for walking, sprints, climbing trees, handstand practice, etc. Basically, moving and trying to keep limber.

I also ride my bike to work a couple days a week (I like to ride fast!). Also, I only take cold showers, and try to fit in a couple cold/ice baths per week when I have the time.

Have you considered using cold to help you?

Switch to taking cold showers, and after adapting to these, consider cold water soaks/baths. Also, you can add ice to this to further the intensity. Or, if you are close to the ocean, or a lake/pond/stream/etc. these are great places to connect with nature while implementing some cold thermogenesis for free. Embracing cold in other ways works too. Keep thermometer lower in the winter, don't wear as many layers while the A/C blasts all day at work, turning on the cold air (or even A/C) in the car etc. Your body wants to stay at 98.6 degrees, so the harder you make it work to get there, the more calories your body has to consume to do so.

Also, cold baths are great for exercise recovery. It has really helped to loosen up my tight lower back (desk jockey). Oh, and the shivvering is probably one of the best muscle toning "exercises" you can do... there is nothing like working muscles you didn't even know you had!

I used to be "normal" on the verge of "chubby"; like Ripped I thought it was genetics until I actually learned a little about nutrition and applied it to my life. GL sir!

tamland65 is offline Junior Member
    Muscle is actually composed of about 15% protein. A majority of the rest is composed from monounsaturated fats and saturated fats. Instead of "cutting" any aspect of your diet I'd recommend increasing your total calorie intake, while adjusting macros just a tad. More like roughly 20% protein, 5% carb and 75% fat. Shoot for a 5% flexibility in each category. I believe that it would be more reasonable to attempt to grow into your last 2% rather than cut. Beware of over-training with a low carb intake too, the stress you'd be putting on your body would most likely wipe out your results.

PeterBooth is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat more proteins. About 25%-30% of the calories in each gram of protein are burned in digestion, compared to only 6%-8% of the calories in carbs. Do the math: You save 41 calories every time you substitute 50 grams of protein for an equal amount of carbs. Do exercise that need you to stand instead of sitting. May be this will help you to reduce the fat from belly. But as you said you have recently started give your body a little time to adapt the change.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234