Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancer.org wants me to eat "Noodles, Bagels and Pretzels" for my "Health" page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    The mind just boggles...you almost want to think it is a spam site but you have some of the Peet followers claiming the same thing.
    Slander much?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Slander much?
    Slander is spoken. In print it's libel.

M.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    See how they instigate arguments in every frickin' thread?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    See how they instigate arguments in every frickin' thread?
    Please don't generalize. There are a handful of rude VLCers and I have seen rudeness from all factions. It is just more apparent with LC people because the percentage of low carbers is greater. How about you take it case by case. We all can be bitches at times.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    j3nn is right though, and this is not generalizing, but simply a fact. I'm too lazy to go over this case by case, but it's quite obvious that the snide remarks and rudeness are instigated by anti-Peat posters 99.9% of the time. Let's be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    j3nn is right though, and this is not generalizing, but simply a fact. I'm too lazy to go over this case by case, but it's quite obvious that the snide remarks and rudeness are instigated by anti-Peat posters 99.9% of the time. Let's be honest.
    It really doesn't matter who starts it. Firing back with more rude comments is just as bad. I am not going to debate this. It's simply how I feel. Generalizing is never good. That's all. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Please don't generalize. There are a handful of rude VLCers and I have seen rudeness from all factions. It is just more apparent with LC people because the percentage of low carbers is greater. How about you take it case by case. We all can be bitches at times.

I'm not generalizing. I agree with Graycat on this. Do Peat people really come into threads bashing low-carbers for no reason at all? Anti-Peat people habitually bring Peat and his followers up when it's not even on topic and say libelous things about them. Show me where "Peat people" go into a thread and start slinging personal attacks at people who don't agree with Peat. One side is far more inflammatory than the other, it's not a matter of opinion.

And there is not a larger percentage of LCers, that's a myth. Based on polls taken, it's closer to 50/50. But if Primal "is not a low-carb diet", why are there more low-carbers? lol
    Last edited by j3nn; 10-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I'm not generalizing. I agree with Graycat on this. Do Peat people really come into threads bashing low-carbers for no reason at all? Anti-Peat people habitually bring Peat and his followers up when it's not even on topic and say libelous things about them. Show me where "Peat people" go into a thread and start slinging personal attacks at people who don't agree with Peat. One side is far more inflammatory than the other, it's not a matter of opinion.

And there is not a larger percentage of LCers, that's a myth. Based on polls taken, it's closer to 50/50. But if Primal "is not a low-carb diet", why are there more low-carbers? lol
    I guess my problem was that it has lately seemed to me that there is a lot of talk in the Peat threads which seemed to me to be pointing at all LCers as being angry, rude and worse. That is what I was referring to and maybe I am taking it wrong, but I have been avoiding Peat threads because it is tiresome. I see it in the anti Peat threads as well and I find it just as tiresome. I am moderate in my carbs and feeling great, but the finger pointing and vitriolic comments from both sides are numerous. I am not in either camp. I do agree with you that the LC people seem to strike first. It is only a small number who do that and, trust me, I hate that they do. It doesn't make it right to attack back.

I guess I worded it wrong. There are fewer Peaters than non-Peaters. I didn't want to use the term Primal because I consider Peat quite primal. I don't consider being Primal LC.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I guess my problem was that it has lately seemed to me that there is a lot of talk in the Peat threads which seemed to me to be pointing at all LCers as being angry, rude and worse. That is what I was referring to and maybe I am taking it wrong, but I have been avoiding Peat threads because it is tiresome. I see it in the anti Peat threads as well and I find it just as tiresome. I am moderate in my carbs and feeling great, but the finger pointing and vitriolic comments from both sides are numerous. I am not in either camp. I do agree with you that the LC people seem to strike first. It is only a small number who do that and, trust me, I hate that they do. It doesn't make it right to attack back.
    Since when is self-defense wrong? This is why there is talk about LCers tending to be irate and aggressive, because they DO launch unprovoked attacks out of nowhere like they have Pentagon coursing through their veins. I'm not saying all LCers are angry and bitter, but compared to moderate to high carb people, they sure are on the unpleasant side at far greater rates! I can't help but wonder if something is lacking in their diet that is making them overtly aggressive. It is NOT just a matter of opinion, it's as plain as day.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Dear lord, SOMEONE needs to let the other have the last word! Your internet peen is not smaller for letting the other side ramble!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast