Thread: No More Motion Sickness page

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member

No More Motion Sickness

Since I went primal, last January, I have not experienced car sickness or motion sickness. Has anyone else found this to be the case? I used to have severe carsickness. I always had to drive, could rarely be a passenger, and I could never read or even glance down if I was a passenger in a vehicle. I even had to take motion sickness meds when I went to an IMAC theater. Since primal, no problems. Is this a coincidence or is there something to it?

lark42 is offline Senior Member
    +1
    Exact same experience here. I was wondering if there was more to it than happy coincidence. As someone who also has terrible motion sickness, I'll just accept the improvement

Lark
    "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    I have had terrible motion sickness my entire life and it is still just as bad now as it was before I changed my diet. I wish it was better while eating Primal!

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    I have had terrible motion sickness my entire life and it is still just as bad now as it was before I changed my diet. I wish it was better while eating Primal!
    I wish you had Lark and my experience seeing it go. Motion sickness is so debilitating.

Quote Originally Posted by APPLEGIRL View Post
    I wish you had Lark and my experience seeing it go. Motion sickness is so debilitating.
    It is. I'm okay in a car if I'm driving, unless the windshield wipers are on. I've had to pull over when it's raining because of the wipers making me nauseated. I also get motion sickness when I stand or sit under ceiling fans. At work I've always had to switch spots with people when I end up under a fan! I'm used to it because it's been like this my entire life, but I really wish it would go away.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Mine didn't completely vanish, but it's 90% gone.

Lotusberries, have you tried crystallised ginger? I found it would stop the nausea, though not the dizziness. (That was weird - but between getting off the bus feeling OK except for a tendency to fall over, and having to get off the bus in a hurry in the middle of nowhere and start walking, I'll take the falling over...)

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    No I still get motion sick, even on the treadmill at the gym, in elevators, and as someone else said, at the movies.

I thought I had it pretty bad but I am thankful it is not as bad as some of you experience, and I can have unpredictably good experiences such as this weekend - five hours car journey each day and didn't feel sick at all. Most unusual but I don't think primal has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Mine didn't completely vanish, but it's 90% gone.

Lotusberries, have you tried crystallised ginger? I found it would stop the nausea, though not the dizziness. (That was weird - but between getting off the bus feeling OK except for a tendency to fall over, and having to get off the bus in a hurry in the middle of nowhere and start walking, I'll take the falling over...)
    My grandparents used to give me crystallised ginger when I was a kid, and I thought it tasted terrible so I've not tried it again. I guess I could try it and see what happens!

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    *grin* - yes, I hate the taste, too. I chew and swallow at vast speed to get it out of my mouth as soon as I can. I'd never travel without it pre-Primal, though.