Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Evidence that Taubes and Lustig are both wrong!!! page 3

charlii is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    No it was low, I don't eat pork products or vegetable oils so my omega 6 was low and I supplemented with 3g per day omega 3.
    My choice of junk food is always chocolate, ice cream or greek yoghurt mixed with honey.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Me in every diet discussion: "I have read in this source and that to do this, based on these studies, blah blah blah."
    Other person: "Ok, but what do YOU do?"
    Me: "oh, I don't do any of that shit. I think that rabbit liver stew is my favorite meal and I randomly will decide to not eat for a few days....then I eat 4 pounds of blueberries in one sitting and take a nap."
    Other person: " WTF!? Then why did you just say that other stuff?"
    Me: "Well, you wouldnt listen to me if I told you to go eat rabbit organs, so I improvised."

"They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

Timthetaco Guest
    This thread reminds me of 2011.

Lazarus, knowing that processed foods cause obesity and eating them is not mutually exclusive. They are the driving force behind weight gain but giving them up is not easy because they are addictive...that's the reason people eat them in the first place. I would prefer to eat none of them but I'm addicted to them like most people and don't quite feel 'right' unless I eat them, however due to strength training, sprinting and a diet other wise very high in nutritious food like eggs, whole milk ect I am very lean.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Did you just join the board, charlii, to pick some kind of bizarre fight? You do know that nothing you have said hasn't already been said ad nauseam 10x a day here, right?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Just frustrated at the amount of people who believe the low carb nonsense and complain about feeling lethargic on it.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlii View Post
    Just frustrated at the amount of people who believe the low carb nonsense and complain about feeling lethargic on it.
    It works for some people. It doesn't work for others.

Antagonising people isn't a great way to win anything on the internet.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

I think if you're low carb and you're feeling like crap it will make any further weight loss harder. I know for me if I'm feeling good I'm more likely to eat clean.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    What about the people who feel miraculously great on low carb diets? You know, there are many of them. They just don't feel allowed to express themselves anymore around here. I know a lot of them have left. I still correspond with some.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

All people are different I'm sure some people do better on low carb. Low carbers seem to have the viewpoint that humans are designed to eat low carbs which all the evidence suggests is wrong. We have big brains that require a lot of glucose, fair enough it can be replaced to some extent with ketones...but minimum requirements for humans are 40-50g per day..the body will make this if it has to. The most convincing evidence that humans are not designed for low carb is that our closest relatives in the animal kingdom gorillas, chimpanzees and oragutans all eat high carb diets...they seek out fruit above any other food. Our brains are much bigger than theirs so if anything we have a greater demand for glucose than them. I also do not think it is a coincidence that we along with them are the most intelligent animals....glucose seems to be essential for big brains.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast