Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Evidence that Taubes and Lustig are both wrong!!! page 10

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlii View Post
    Taubes and Lustig are just exceptionally arrogant.
    Sure, that's true. But these are people of exceptional intelligence, and accomplishments. That almost always comes with a big ego. Also they are up against impossible industry forces (they will never win), which means you either become tough as steel or you die.

Americans are just against their own success.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    I think y'all are off track. Here are my thoughts, since you asked...

1)People with a crap balance of bacteria do great with low carb, until they can restore healthy flora: they're no longer feeding the beast. Logically, if you have relatively healthy gut flora, low carb would weaken the good guys.

2)Some of the problems with wheat are not from hybridization, but from the relatively new technique of spraying roundup on a ripe crop, full coverage, to kill all the plants so they can be harvested more efficiently. Does roundup affect health? Hmm, I wonder. Does it interact with wheat lectins and all that good 'healthy whole grain' goodness? I'm hypothesizing yes.
    What other crops get the royal roundup treatment? Chickpeas, lentils, beans, potatoes, canola--all those "problematic" foods. Maybe it's not our macronutrients making us sick. Maybe it's herbicide exposure? Who knows.

3)Breast milk is the ideal food for mewling little 8 lb. babies (unless mom can't get off the gin and Virginia Slims). Its composition changes--it's a subtly communicative 'food' that changes as baby's needs change. To take its macronutrient profile and extrapolate that to grown men is probably not useful. Insert breast puns here.

4)Sugar is AWESOME. By my tag, you can see I'm a mom, and there is nothing funner for kids than to go batshit crazy on sugar (free-trade, ethically sourced, etc, etc). They love it! Come babysit two hours later. It's not pretty.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Except we're doing this backwards. You're trying to figure out which part of the toxic industrial sludge is making people sick. Instead, get rid of the toxic sludge completely, and POOF, people will stop getting sick! It's like we're smelling, touching and tasting the poop, to comfirm it is what it is, to avoid stepping in it. What a waste of time!

Drop the faulty science and look at what healthy people ate/eat, and eat that.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 10-22-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Except we're doing this backwards. You're trying to figure out which part of the toxic industrial sludge is making people sick. Instead, get rid of the toxic sludge completely, and POOF, people will stop getting sick! It's like we're smelling, touching and tasting the poop, to comfirm it is what it is, to avoid stepping in it. What a waste of time!

The healthiest people I know don't eat Primal/Paleo diets. Just sayin'!

Take our builder for example. 90-years-old and lives like a 30-year-old; works 12 hours days still. Yesterday, I saw him driving a bulldozer at the construction site for his own house on our street. Last time I saw him eating lunch, it was hot dogs from a local hot dog stand.
    Last edited by j3nn; 10-22-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post

Take our builder for example. 90-years-old and lives like a 30-year-old; works 12 hours days still. Yesterday, I saw him driving a bulldozer at the construction site for his own house on our street. Last time I saw him eating lunch, it was hot dogs from a local hot dog stand.
    So you think he's healthy because he eats hotdogs or despite it?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    I'm off to get some hotdogs...I have been wasting money on grass fed beef and pastured eggs for too long. Absolutes and generalisations just keep everyone further from the truth. Low carb isn't bad, no carb probably is (certainly long term). Sugar isn't inherently evil but putting it in every food and making it cheap is probably poisoning lots of people. Humans evolved to thrive on natural foods, sometimes they would have found more tubers and been higher carb and other times they would have been practically zero carb but would have craved the crap out of honey enough to get stung by hordes of angry bees.
    What we can't thrive on is food that has had all of the goodness stripped out of it and had seed oils and sugar added to make it more palatable.
    There are very few mammals that do well on a diet of mostly carbohydrates, ruminants and rear gut fermenters get the majority of their calories from fats produced by gut bacteria (Gorillas 53%). Going primal allows you to start noticing the effect of the junk.
    If your body does well with regular sugar feeds then as long as you know your liver and triglycerides are cool with it carry on. I do best on low carb with lots of meat and eggs with occasional carb refeeds but I wouldn't know that if I had tried to go straight in from a SAD diet.
    Lustig and Taubes have genuine motivation to help. They are also well qualified and have earned the right to be heard. On this forum we are all nobodies who are interested and or enthusiastic about nutrition unless anyone can convince me otherwise.
    A mouse can shout at the Queen but she won't give a sh1t.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    So you think he's healthy because he eats hotdogs or despite it?
    No. That's a strawman. I'm saying we can't just mimic what others eat and assume it translates to health for everyone, including cavemen.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

charlii is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post

No I'm not everybody knows the problem lies amongst sugar, wheat and omega 6. The only argument is how it does it. Some people seem incapable of understanding things on here.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post

This is typical of anyone in the western world who isn't overweight, do the people who are lean eat paleo or even any whole foods? No. They all eat white flour, factory eggs, grain fed meat especially high omega 6 pork and chicken. The only difference is they don't binge out on sugar containing foods. Some eat their fair share, but like not all smokers get lung cancer not all people are susceptible to the hyper rewarding effects of palatable foods.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    I'm off to get some hotdogs...I have been wasting money on grass fed beef and pastured eggs for too long. Absolutes and generalisations just keep everyone further from the truth. Low carb isn't bad, no carb probably is (certainly long term). Sugar isn't inherently evil but putting it in every food and making it cheap is probably poisoning lots of people. Humans evolved to thrive on natural foods, sometimes they would have found more tubers and been higher carb and other times they would have been practically zero carb but would have craved the crap out of honey enough to get stung by hordes of angry bees.
    What we can't thrive on is food that has had all of the goodness stripped out of it and had seed oils and sugar added to make it more palatable.
    There are very few mammals that do well on a diet of mostly carbohydrates, ruminants and rear gut fermenters get the majority of their calories from fats produced by gut bacteria (Gorillas 53%). Going primal allows you to start noticing the effect of the junk.
    If your body does well with regular sugar feeds then as long as you know your liver and triglycerides are cool with it carry on. I do best on low carb with lots of meat and eggs with occasional carb refeeds but I wouldn't know that if I had tried to go straight in from a SAD diet.
    Lustig and Taubes have genuine motivation to help. They are also well qualified and have earned the right to be heard. On this forum we are all nobodies who are interested and or enthusiastic about nutrition unless anyone can convince me otherwise.
    A mouse can shout at the Queen but she won't give a sh1t.
    Are you being serious? Taubes is it to make money, you thing he'd be doing this for free? Lustig is even worse, he thinks he's some kind of pop start, I remember one video he likened himself to Lady Gaga because his sugar lecture had 2 million views. He's full of sh*t, guessing that insulin blocks leptin is an absolute farce. Guyenet is the only one amongst these clowns who has unquestionable science and isn't out there looking for fame and money. That's why Taubes got so angry at him! He backed himself into a corner he couldn't get out of!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast