Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Urinals page 3

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Y'all analyze this way too much. Step up and piss for lord's sake. So some dude wants to take a gander, hell, offer to sell him a ticket. You're taking a leak not solving world hunger. Whip it out, shake it off, put it away. Done. Urinals are simple and efficient sounds good to me.
    lol.... a true capitalist!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I don't have anything useful to add to this thread since I honestly can't say I paid much attention to urinal utilization rates but this tread did bring this to mind.

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I never understand the gazing. It's not like you can tell how big it's going to get when it matters anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I never understand the gazing. It's not like you can tell how big it's going to get when it matters anyway.
    LOL - but you can gauge the minimum.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    I think my preference for stalls may stem from a visit to Fenway Park as a youth(~age 9) and having to use the bathtub style urinal.

That and I don't like sitting next to a stranger in a movie theater, why would I want to take a leak next to him if I can avoid it.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Uh oh...ya caught me red handed, er, you know what I mean
    I'm suddenly wondering where the term "red-handed" comes from ... then again, if your hand is turning red, you're probably overdoing it =P
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    It seems these days fewer men are using the urinals, prefering to foul the cubicles. This pattern is most evident among younger men. Even my son has noticed this. Is this a sign of too much oestrogen?
    That they use the cubicle when they need not, or that they're not accurate? LOL

In Britain:

a male may urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle.
    MundayWeb.com - Weird Laws

So there you go. Who needs a urinal?

I reckon people are probably shyer about natural functions than they've ever been at any time in the past. Why I don't know. I'd hazard a guess it's probably cultural rather than biochemical, but why ... It is kind of interesting that many modern people believe that "anything goes" at an intellectual level, but at the level of actual functioning are maybe over-inhibited when there's no need. But perhaps that's not so much as a paradox as an explanation ... I doubt most men of a generation or two ago would even imagine that another could have any interest in looking at his privates. They'd piss against the same wall without even thinking about it. I dunno. There's probably a PhD thesis in sociology there.

In the Middle Ages people were even less inhibited about far more private matters. No-one had ever heard of euphemisms then:

Gropecunt Lane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I work with a large number of folks who follow a particular religion.. and a large number of them are 'paper holders' (my term) in that they use a wet paper towel to hold 'it'.. not sure of the purpose this holds, but many will do it in the stall vs. the urinal.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    I work with a large number of folks who follow a particular religion.. and a large number of them are 'paper holders' (my term) in that they use a wet paper towel to hold 'it'.. not sure of the purpose this holds, but many will do it in the stall vs. the urinal.
    Good grief. I can't imagine which religion that'd be, but afraid to hold your own "member" ... that's pretty odd.

There was an Irish literary man -- I forget who -- who said "a gentleman washes his hands before touching his penis not after". Quite funny as verbal quips go. I guess the sense of it is: nothing wrong with my body even in its most intimate parts, thank you very much.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Some are show'ers & done are growers, but then show'ers do love to show em off!

I think it's a straight guy thing to be honest, as they aren't really concerned about who's biggest when "it matters" because they don't want to see another guy or have another guy see them then (generally). So its all about who's swinging the biggest in the locker room.

Whereas gay guys tend to be more concerned about the size when it's needed (gain, generally). Of course you still get the usual media bullshit pressure that you should be packing 12" on the soft, but in my experience gay guys if all sizes are a lot less concerned about it.

The odd thing is, when I was a kid you were considered "gay" if you covered up while getting changed in the school gym or swimming pool etc, these days it seems to be the complete opposite.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast