Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calorie defict or calorie surplus page

paint94979 is offline Senior Member

Calorie defict or calorie surplus

I am having quite a tough time losing belly fat. I have the clear and definitive evidence of a 4 pack, veins popping out all over my arms but I cannot cut weight around my belly. I am 6ft 156lbs I have stayed 156lbs no matter what. I was 156 as a very under nourished 23 year old (26 years old now) and I eat a decent amount of food and have tons of muscle and clear definition but stayed the same 156 lbs. Here is what I ate last night.

I worked a physically active job 50 hours a week and train hard. I am trying to get 25-2700 calories a day its just quite hard. Should I continue to try and eat more and more to see if my body will give up the lower belly fat?

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    At least your PUFAs are low. Have you tried swapping some of the fat cals with carb cals? That might help someone already slim and active like you are. Reduce fat by 40-50g and up carbs by 100-150g.
    Last edited by j3nn; 10-19-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Yes I try to keep PUFAs low ... I am going to try cutting fat definitely. What do you get for upping carbs? Fruit?

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    Yes I try to keep PUFAs low ... I am going to try cutting fat definitely. What do you get for upping carbs? Fruit?
    Fruit definitely. Potatoes, white rice, milk if you drink it.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    I worked a physically active job 50 hours a week and train hard. I am trying to get 25-2700 calories a day its just quite hard. Should I continue to try and eat more and more to see if my body will give up the lower belly fat?
    Working hard for 50 hours a week plus training hard might mean your hormone levels are a little out of whack. I don't know how the rest of your life is but if you're chronically on the go and have lots of life stressors it may be difficult to lose the last bit of belly fat.

Quote Originally Posted by vb66 View Post
    Working hard for 50 hours a week plus training hard might mean your hormone levels are a little out of whack. I don't know how the rest of your life is but if you're chronically on the go and have lots of life stressors it may be difficult to lose the last bit of belly fat.
    I was experiencing symptoms of over-training so I took 13 days off of training, i resumed yesterday. I had been going to my bootcamp 4 days a week which i want to cut back to 2-3 days a week and incorporate 2 days a week of heavy lifting.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Your diet is fine. PB has 10 laws. Try to work on the non-dietary ones
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    6' and 156 lbs you should think about adding some more muscle.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast