Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calorie defict or calorie surplus page 2

paint94979 is online now Senior Member
    I'm trying lol

Dud45 is offline Junior Member
    I second Dirlot. At your height and weight you want to increase your lean body mass. Unfortunately you can't achieve what you were looking for in your first post and what you mentioned in your last at the same time. You either want the full 6 pack or you want to increase your lean mass. The cruel thing is that the higher your lean mass the easier you'll find it to get those bottom 2 abs, hell even another 2 (go the 8 pack!). If I were you I'd keep the calories up and decrease the boot camp. Instead of boot camp up the sessions in the weight room. More compound lifts with rep ranges varying between 5 (heavy) and 12 (light). Add in sprints or HIIT too. Going by your description I'd say you're sitting at a lean mass of roughly 140lbs (10% BF at 157 lbs) Watch how quick you get the 6 pack out once your lean mass has increased up to the 160-165 mark. I've only just started the paleo journey and haven't lifted a weight or run a mile in 2 years. At your exact same height I'm still sitting at 165 lbs lean mass. Problem is the 35 lbs fat on top lol!

Dud45 is offline Junior Member
    Oh I just realised I assumed you're a guy. Sorry if you're not! Obviously the advice is a bit useless if thats the case

charlii is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Long term calorie restriction is no going to do you any favours. Short term calorie restriction could work, either intermittent fasting Leangains ect or restricting calories one day and eating to appetite the next day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12