Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Foot/19 Year Old Male/110 Pounds: Need Help Gaining/Understanding! page 6

charlii is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Eating wholefoods past satiety is very hard and uncomfortable. Processed foods override satiety via the reward system.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlii View Post
    Yogabare, eating wholefood leads to fat loss. That is fact at this point.
    Maybe if you're already grossly overweight. A LOT of people gain weight on Primal.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KestrelSF View Post
    1 egg, 1 sausage, 1/3 sweet potato, 1 stalk kale, onion breakfast skillet.?

try

6 eggs, 4 sausages, 2 sweet potatoes and a gallon of milk.

The breakfast you list here is what a 5'2" woman would eat to lose weight!
    This.

Eat and fear no evil.

I think what it does is normalizes your weight, someone eating the SAD may be underweight because they are not susceptible to processed foods but they are underweight because of malnourishment caused by white flour and vegetable oil and the Paleo diet fixes that. However the OP seems to be eating a wholefoods diet already and is exceptionally thin, I see no other solution than eating hyperpalatable foods to increase weight. Telling somebody to eat more potatoes isn't going to work, you need to activate the reward system in the brain to promote overeating.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Eating wholefoods past satiety is very hard and uncomfortable. Processed foods override satiety via the reward system.
    You can easily overeat whole foods, especially satiating food combinations higher in carbs and fat.

I think mashed potato with lots of butter is never going to promote excess calorie consumption anywhere near as much as chocolate or coke. Except for some individuals with rare disorders obesity just doesn't exist is societies without sugar.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    I think mashed potato with lots of butter is never going to promote excess calorie consumption anywhere near as much as chocolate or coke. Except for some individuals with rare disorders obesity just doesn't exist is societies without sugar.
    thank goodness for the innovation of the hungry human

dessert - Chowstalker
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Cavemanclan is offline Junior Member
    my recipe for hot chocolate that has helped put weight on my skinny son and sickly father is this:
    Melt 1/2 cube butter in saucepan. Add 3 Tbsp of high quality stoneground/raw chocolate and melt together. Add honey to taste (I only use about 1 tsp). Stir thir constantly, and slowly add milk - I don't know how much, because I just keep adding until it's the right thickness. I like it thick, almost like liquid fudge.
    I know it's not primal exactly, but w/high quality ingredients, it is very helpful.
    I am in Guatemala, where fresh stoneground chocolate is available anywhere and super cheap, and could prob be adapted for reg chocolate...

I think the thing everybody seems to be over looking is that people are genetically different. Maybe the OP is genetically programmed to have low amounts of muscle and fat. Strength training will increase muscle mass but it is unlikely they are going to catch up to somebody who is naturally muscular and who also does weights. Regardless the best shot they have of gaining weight of any sort is to combine highly nutritious animal products like milk and eggs combined with hyperpalatable foods. But like some people are very susceptible to the addicting qualities of tasty foods (like me) some people are completely immune to their addictive properties and may have a very hard time gaining weight no matter what they do.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    I think the thing everybody seems to be over looking is that people are genetically different. Maybe the OP is genetically programmed to have low amounts of muscle and fat. Strength training will increase muscle mass but it is unlikely they are going to catch up to somebody who is naturally muscular and who also does weights. Regardless the best shot they have of gaining weight of any sort is to combine highly nutritious animal products like milk and eggs combined with hyperpalatable foods. But like some people are very susceptible to the addicting qualities of tasty foods (like me) some people are completely immune to their addictive properties and may have a very hard time gaining weight no matter what they do.
    his post title asks for help gaining weight, people are throwing out ideas, i really don't see anybody not 'getting' it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast