Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Foot/19 Year Old Male/110 Pounds: Need Help Gaining/Understanding! page 2

HardGainGrok1836 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the advice so far! And yeah I have a 30inch waste but I am thin, my friends joke with me that if I turn sideways I become invisible.

Seems like the way to approach this is to just try to eat larger meals without feeling guilty, which is tough on days I do not lift/exercise! And I have never counted calories and do not plan on doing so!

Maybe add nuts to my cauliflower rice etc... to add extra calories here and there?

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardGainGrok1836 View Post
    Seems like the way to approach this is to just try to eat larger meals without feeling guilty, which is tough on days I do not lift/exercise! And I have never counted calories and do not plan on doing so!

Maybe add nuts to my cauliflower rice etc... to add extra calories here and there?
    Try doing it on the days you work out to begin with. you won't be able to do it overnight but take it slowly! Try with the heavy work out days and slowly build it into every day.

yes, nuts are healthy but high in calories. just 1 tbsp can add around 55 calories. Cauliflower isn't very high in calories but almost exist completely out of carbs so it might add..
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member

Seems like the way to approach this is to just try to eat larger meals without feeling guilty, which is tough on days I do not lift/exercise!
    This statement concerns me. You weigh 110 pounds--you should be stuffing all of the food in your face, all of the time, and never feeling guilty, ever.

All of the food.

All of it.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    1 egg, 1 sausage, 1/3 sweet potato, 1 stalk kale, onion breakfast skillet.?

try

6 eggs, 4 sausages, 2 sweet potatoes and a gallon of milk.

The breakfast you list here is what a 5'2" woman would eat to lose weight!
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Kestrel's right, I'm 5'2" (and I don't exercise that hard) and the above breakfast would be on the light side for me. btw I weigh 115.

You really need to exorcise the guilt demon in your head, eat enthusiastically with wild abandon whether or not you are lifting. Just eat whole foods, no junk food, including rice and potatoes and you'll be fine. Even if you were to slip and occasionally eat some less than primal foods it wont kill you, you are young, enjoy your food!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Yes!

^^This^^ is what will work for breakfast! Kestrel is correct!

When I graduated high school, (back in the dawn of time) I was 6'2" and only weighed 130 pounds. I was so skinny that if I turned sideways and stuck my tongue out, I looked like a zipper.

I went directly into the army at that weight and they fed me meat and potatoes for EVERY meal in basic training. At the end of that summer, I weighed 165 pounds and was a lean, mean M.F.

Time ravaged my body and I porked out to 203 before I began P.F. a year and a half ago. I leaned out to 165, but was too skinny looking again, so I began intentionally gaining mass (bulking) while lifting heavy. I'm still in the process of doing it and now weigh 182 with 14% body fat. The way to do it is eat LOTS of quality proteins and good carbs, but more frequently than you've ever done before! I'm talking 7 - 9 fist sized or larger meals per day! You don't have to over stuff yourself, but eat at least to satiety. Wash it all down with a minimum of one gallon of milk per day...ideally more than that! You can also add a quality whey isolate protein shake to ensure you're getting the amount of protein you need, but know that it's not entirely what Grok would do.
    Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
    Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
    Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    6 feet and 110?!?

Eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    You didn't say it enough so I thought it should be repeated here.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe add real rice to your cauliflower rice.

Then get rid of the cauliflower.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    3 squares won't do it, try 4 minimum, 6 preferred, and lots of mashed potatoes so you can get the calories in before satiety says stop. If you do dairy, add cheese. You'll find you have more energy to work out more beastly.

HardGainGrok1836 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks everyone! Must *Eat More*

I do not think I could just go from my standard breakfast to 6 eggs, four sausages and a gallon of milk overnight!
    Maybe work up to that kind of quantity...

But Im planning on throwing in an extra egg, an extra sausage, and topping it all with some raw cheese.

And as far as energy goes that would be great, because I do love my workouts! Especially if they are more beastly!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast