Thread: any chromebook users? page

dazygyrl is offline Member

any chromebook users?

Primal Fuel
    i got my daughter a CB for her birthday. got it yesterday and started it up. it was super slow to browse...load pages, etc. for being brand new, this was a bit of a disappointment and soemthing i hope can be remedy with some setting or something.

i found this when googling...."OK, FINALLY! With the help from Support we found that the Chromebook/ChromeOS doesn't work very well with WEP or WPA encryption (at least not for my Chromebook). By either disabling encryption (not recommended) or using WPA2 encryption solved the issue. It also gave a huge web browsing speed boost, a completely different experience."

how/where do you change the bolded part?

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    I bought a Chrome Book (Acer C7)for my wife and she hated it so now it's mine and I love it. I also bought a 32Gig mini thumb drive for it because I don't wanna' put all my stuff on "the cloud" which is really "someone else's computer/server".

WPA2 Encryption is the default connection for me on my Wi-Fi so I'm not sure how you'd change it.
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

where do you see if that is the default connection?

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    Click the Wi-Fi icon on the bottom of your desktop (you'll have to get out of the browser on a ChromeBook)

WiFi-icon>Settings>WiFi Network>Your Connection. Click on your connection.

A dialog box will show what your setup is. I was incorrect about what I said earlier, my default is WPA not WPA2 yet it works just fine.

If I remember correctly I set the encryption level when I first setup my Router. Gotta' figger out how to change that if I can. If so, I'm sure someone already has a step by step YouTube Video posted!
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

peril is offline Senior Member
    You need to change it on your wifi router
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i will have to see if that's possible. it's a box we get from our ISP.