Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still havent lost weight but thyroid is normal...is it my cardio routine?? page

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member

Still havent lost weight but thyroid is normal...is it my cardio routine??

Shop Now
    Hi i know this question has been addressed before, but I can't seem to really put it all together. I had my thyroid checked and all my levels are normal after about 8 weeks of being on medication (i went off it for a month). I realized that maybe in the time I went off the medication I had a ton more free time so I was going to the gym, sometimes even twice a day to do only cardio, some jogging at 6mph or the ellipitcal for 50-60 minutes at a time.

I have in fact gained 10 + pounds and cant seem to find any relationship to thyroid since its normal now. Could it really be the cardio I have been doing? I don't get it, all of my friends who are runners and workout every day have lost weight! Why am I gaining!

cwells51 is offline Junior Member
    What is your food intake like?

Quote Originally Posted by cwells51 View Post
    What is your food intake like?
    Breakfast egg white omlete, chicken sausage sometimes. Some berries. Lunch usually all veggie salad. Dinner usually sautéed veggies with coconut oil. Sometimes I do a salad instead and maybe some peotein. Usually mostly veggie diet. Can guarantee that I eat less than 1500 a day and that's with the cardio too so less Cals overall. I don't get it. But I am getting fatter. It's either thyroid taking longer to kick in, even if levels norm on tests or it's cardio. Thoughts!!!!!????

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    What is your age and weight?

27, 120. I'm normally 112. I know that sounds thin but I've been that way my whole life and so has my mother. It feels uncomfortable for my body right now to be mostly fat at 120

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    VeggieLover, Kresser seems like a pretty smart, common sense guy. Check out this link, if you haven't already.

5 Thyroid Patterns That Won’t Show Up On Standard Lab Tests
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    VeggieLover, Kresser seems like a pretty smart, common sense guy. Check out this link, if you haven't already.

5 Thyroid Patterns That Won’t Show Up On Standard Lab Tests
    Thank you black timber. I've actually read that too already. I don't work with endocrinologists anymore because all of them gave me the wrong diagnosis. This is the reason I went off meds after being on them successful for 5 years. I went off it and gained weight in an instant. I went back to my doctor who practices "biological medicine" and I'm on armour this time instead of the compounded he had formulated for me before. That could be an issue too is maybe armour doesn't work for me as well as compounded

peril is offline Senior Member
    You don't eat anywhere near enough protein. No wonder your metabolism is so slow
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I have repeatedly said:
    1. The body needs time to heal after lacking thyroid hormones.
    2. Thyroid hormone replacement does not mean weight loss will happen, especially only after a few weeks.
    3. Your numbers may be in the normal range but they can be too high, too low and or the wrong percentages for YOUR body
    4. Over medication can cause weight gain, just like being under medicated can.
    5. Stressing about 10 lbs, while trying to heal, may be adding to the issue. Overtraining and under eating can be stressful and hinder T4 to T3 conversion.
    6. Symptoms can lag behind blood test results for several weeks/months.

I will say it again, stop chasing the scale. Focus on healthy choices and give it time. And, I agree with others, your diet seems to be lacking in nutrients the body needs.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I think you should just give it time. Politely disagreeing with the "you're eating too little protein" bit, just from persoñal experience, I and others I know has no trouble losing as a low-protein vegetarian. Of course, everyone is different.

Your body could be gaining weight because you're eating and exercising at a level where it wants you to be. I've found that I have a set weight and below that, it becomes really tough to lose the vanity weight. Eîther accept it or hack it up. It's going to be rough, I assure you.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast