Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone ever become obese from eating Primal? page 9

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    If you look at actual women who still live in tribal cultures living off the land, they are never as thin and muscular as what is recommended as ideal in this culture. And the men are usually pretty small. They're not even close to 200lbs like certain weight lifting groups think is necessary to be a real man.
    Yup. I'm gonna start a new charity to donate squat racks to the maasai. Those dudes are way too skinny.

I'm not trying to defend the 200 pound comments you're talking about, but let's remember that the people who still live like our ancestors are the ones who live on the fringes of inhabitable lands. Everything that would have fed them more copiously has been put to the plow. They were, probably, on average, a bit bigger and swoler than the extant tribal peoples we can study today.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    The real question is not whether you can become obese on Primal but how you will manage your weight and health issues (which will be related to this WOE) 5 or 10 years from now. Primal is hard on the body and will definitely create problems for most of you.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    The real question is not whether you can become obese on Primal but how you will manage your weight and health issues (which will be related to this WOE) 5 or 10 years from now. Primal is hard on the body and will definitely create problems for most of you.
    Missed you, fiercey.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Missed you, fiercey.
    is your aim getting better?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Clearly it's getting worse.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Missed you, fiercey.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I blame urinals.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I asked you this in another thread after you made a similar comment.

I've been paleo/primal for 5 years. Please explain what your crystal ball holds for me in the next 5 years?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Yup. I'm gonna start a new charity to donate squat racks to the maasai. Those dudes are way too skinny.

I'm not trying to defend the 200 pound comments you're talking about, but let's remember that the people who still live like our ancestors are the ones who live on the fringes of inhabitable lands. Everything that would have fed them more copiously has been put to the plow. They were, probably, on average, a bit bigger and swoler than the extant tribal peoples we can study today.
    Yep, I think they'd look more like people still living traditional lifestyles on the Polynesian or Micronesian Islands:

Or Australia as recent as a 120 years ago:

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    please do tell what, specifically, is hard on the body

didn't you say primal sucks a few days ago? you just hang around for rich, don't you?

I blame urinals.
    i read a potty training article once (i like to be prepared for the future) that for little boys, you could toss cheerios in the toilet and let them hit the targets

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I asked you this in another thread after you made a similar comment.

I've been paleo/primal for 5 years. Please explain what your crystal ball holds for me in the next 5 years?
    clearly you've already died and since halloween is coming up, you've been raised from your grave to post on this forum
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast