Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Should I Do NOW!!!??? page 2

DFord is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    What Primal foods should you eat for potassium and calcium?

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    How are your electrolytes? Are you using enough salt? Your diet sounds very, very low in calcium and potassium and magnesium which could contribute to our low BP. Honestly, if I were you, I'd drop some of the dietary fat and eat more fruit and salt and take Epsom salt baths.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmattpa View Post
    I have no idea what my electrolytes are.....I have been taking supplements to include a multi, C, fish oil, co q 10. I am definitely going to have to drop some of the fat....how can I look at my wife and continue with the oils, fats etc. with a cholesterol level at 328? Thank you for the feedback
    I'd drop the multi and the "C." And if you want to understand that the fat isn't causing your cholesterol levels to be "high," read this: The straight dope on cholesterol

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFord View Post
    What Primal foods should you eat for potassium and calcium?
    Potassium: fruit, especially bananas, dates,oranges and orange juice; tomato paste/juice; potatoes and sweet potatoes; blackstrap molasses, coconut, coconut water, liver

Calcium: dairy, oysters, clams, egg shell powder, bone broth, well-cooked leafy greens
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Well...what did your doctor say about the light-headedness? Is it related to the high cholesterol, or did y'all just see that and start worrying about it, and forgetting what you went in there for?

Also, there are some great threads on the board about cholesterol. Read a couple of the informative primers. A high total cholesterol number is not necessarily a bad sign. Sit down with your numbers and the formulas, and do the math, step by step.

***Realized this may sound snarky. I'm not trying to be, I'm just wondering where the two issues, light-headedness and high cholesterol, collide, or if they do.

howardroark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmattpa View Post
    I have no idea what my electrolytes are.....I have been taking supplements to include a multi, C, fish oil, co q 10. I am definitely going to have to drop some of the fat....how can I look at my wife and continue with the oils, fats etc. with a cholesterol level at 328? Thank you for the feedback
    Coq10 is known to lower blood pressure. If you are concerned with that, I'd drop it.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Have your thyroid tested. Anything over a TSH of 1 is hypo, which is the likely cause of your high cholesterol.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    John, I had the same lightheadedness. It scared the bejeebers out of me. The low blood pressure that made me feel like was functioning at 1/2 speed. I had to take a hard look at my total calories (they were low), was getting too few carbs, low sodium, possible dehydration.

I second that you should read the cholesterol chapter again, read the threads on here about it and take a moment to breath. You'll figure out the cholesterol. Just look at your wife and commit to figuring it out & learn all you can. But the low blood pressure is first, since that has an immediate impact on your day to day function-ability.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I'm just curious, what weight/body fat % are you?
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    One thing is positive, with a low blood pressure like that the risk of damaging your arteries and having teh bad LDL causing issues is lower than with a high BP.

I don't know if you have an exercise regime but moving regularly is good for lowering LDL.
    If you still are thinking about reducing fat, cut out the oil and butter you are cooking in. Most meats have fluids and fats and don't need additional greasing to prevent burning. Just cook on a lower flame/temp
    If you used butter or oil for veggies, switch it with the remains of what your meat let go...
    Don't cut out animal fat too much but go for the leanest of meat.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    To OP, I would suggest you try to increase your consumption of starches (potatoes, white rice, starchy veggies like butternut squash, etc) and salt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast