Thread: Always hungry page

Lynx33 is offline Member

Always hungry

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

what are typical meals like for you? I cut out wheat and dairy a few months ago due to allergies (haven't had to take my asthma medication once since i stopped; used to use it a few times a week). But i'm still having hard time planning my meals. I have since cut out calorie counting because it was too stressful (I was into weightlifting and used to plan all my meals) and am just trying to maintain my bodyweight but have gone from 186 to 166lbs since changing my way of eating. I lost 15% bodyfat and maintained most of my muscle mass and strength but I just feel so damn hungry.

I get 3 meals a day with snack inbetween; for example : breakfast 3 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 bananna, blueberries. lunch: chicken, potatoes, vegetables. dinner: steak, rice, vetetables. snack: can of sardines or salmon, avocado, bannana.

What are good sources of carbs? I get mainly sweet potato, potatos, rice. I find that i need a good portion with each meal or I cant think clearly and get hungry. Should I just increase my portion sizes? something feels off, i dont know what it is.

Markbt is online now Senior Member
    I know a faction of people on here will disagree with me on this, but try reducing carbs and increasing fat. Read some of Mark's old posts on the low carb flu. Reducing your dependency on carbs and training your body to burn fat should be your focus. Once you have done this then by all means, add in more carbs if you feel like it. I can eat huge amounts of sushi with white rice one day, then fast until dinner the next day without the low blood sugar symptoms you describe. The reason for this is when the carbs are burned off, my body is adapted to burn fat, whether it is dietary fat or stored body fat. If you are extremely lean this may be part of your issue, not enough stored fat to run off, but you could always supplement with dietary fat in absense of large quantities of carbs.

gergirl Guest
    Hi there!
    I'm missing nuts in your eating plan?! And I would recommend flaxseed oil - good for the nerves and their structure. spread it over some raw vegetables (like it with apples and carrots). Maybe your body wants to tell you that your not at your "natural" weight, where you should feel full in a good way - not stuffed, not starving and independet from what the scale tells you? What would you eat if you could choose freely? Not guided by any nutrition rules? perhaps you should eat more of the chosen food?
    just guessing

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    Hi there!
    I'm missing nuts in your eating plan?! And I would recommend flaxseed oil - good for the nerves and their structure. spread it over some raw vegetables (like it with apples and carrots). Maybe your body wants to tell you that your not at your "natural" weight, where you should feel full in a good way - not stuffed, not starving and independet from what the scale tells you? What would you eat if you could choose freely? Not guided by any nutrition rules? perhaps you should eat more of the chosen food?
    just guessing
    Flaxseed oil is not recommended. Healthy Oils | Mark's Daily Apple

I would suggest you try more starches or more fat, but not both.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

gergirl Guest
    my doctor recommended it to me. i believe in the nutritional benefits and i am vegetarion. use the organic type of oil and do not heat and it's not my only source of fatty acids
    put his health advice over Marks opinion. it works for me - all individuals!
    Last edited by gergirl; 10-18-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add vegetarian life style

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    my doctor recommended it to me. i believe in the nutritional benefits put his health advice over Marks opinion. it works for me - all individuals!
    You'll find that a lot of people here disregard or do not agree with most doctors. That is why we are here and that is how we are thriving.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    It seems like you are eating enough. Just some suggestions based on my experiences:

Try adding vegetables to your breakfast. Make omelets with veggies. Or add coconut flakes to your egg.
    For lunch, skip the potatoes and swap it for something a bit more fatty or more veggies. I find that eating potatoes make me hungry quite quickly.
    Dinner, leave the rice out and replace it with high in fiber vegetables.

Make sure eat a enough on these three meals. You eat a lot of snacks (even more than me!!) it's what you eat in between that you are probably because of that...eating enough with the 3 meals will help you skip the snacks and feel less hungry...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!