Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite gym outfit? - Haute Couture!!! page 2

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The basis for any proper lifting outfit is, of course, knee-high tube socks. The kind with the three horizontal stripes are preferable, but have become less widely available since their peak in the mid 1980's.

Of course, you must wear shorts that end above the knee for several reasons. The most important of which is that you wouldn't want to obscure the spectators' view of the tube socks. The other reason is that shorts below the knee can get in the way of squats.

I lift after work, so I just leave my white undershirt on. And I wear lifting shoes for some lifts, socks for some lifts, and NB Minimuses (minimi?) if I go outside for Farmer's Carries or anything. Because if I wanted to wear my VFF's, I'd have to take off the socks.
    Dumbest innovation ever. Lets make socks that are not shaped like feet.
    I wore them briefly when it was required and started refusing even before that era ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I have the trail gloves, and I don't really run ever. They've been great for workouts, hiking, pretty much everything.
    thanks,
    I'll take a second look.
    I really like the look of the 'vapor glove' but my store had none and I resist buying shoes online.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    I work out at home. Same black sweatpants that I lounge around the house in. That's all, no shirt or shoes (or socks -- sorry Rich!).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I work out at home, so:
    Black sports bra and blue yoga capris in summer and T-shirt (whichever one I grab) and yoga pants in the winter. Tank top in the summer if I hafta go outside.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
    Dumbest innovation ever. Lets make socks that are not shaped like feet.
    I wore them briefly when it was required and started refusing even before that era ended.
    You're way off base. Socks shaped like feet are far harder to put on correctly, are always bunched up and twisted awkwardly, and have to come in different sizes. Tube socks are plug and play, crew socks are installing the software from the CD-ROM before you can use your new device. I wish all my socks were tube socks.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    a hoodie and hat during warmup, but then the hoodie comes off.
    Oh yeah!

**slowly takes rubber band off roll of dollar bills**

You're way off base. Socks shaped like feet are far harder to put on correctly, are always bunched up and twisted awkwardly, and have to come in different sizes. Tube socks are plug and play, crew socks are installing the software from the CD-ROM before you can use your new device. I wish all my socks were tube socks.
    You must prance around on your toes all day so the socks don't have to fit your bent ankles.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
    You must prance around on your toes all day so the socks don't have to fit your bent ankles.
    I'm just not so damn fancy that I need a sock to perfectly fit the contour of my feet. Is this really a problem for you?

Next you're gonna make the ridiculous claim that beards don't actually add 20 lbs to your squats...

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    My typical gym outfit....tank, spandex-type pant, barefoot shoe.

FYI: Not my weight (if you can call it a weight) in the background! Part of the women's locker room, where women can lift weights without feeling intimidated by weight room. Weight rack has 1lb-10lb dumbbells.

I'm just not so damn fancy that I need a sock to perfectly fit the contour of my feet. Is this really a problem for you?
    Only enough to not wear the dumb things.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast