Thread: Coconut by-products page

mikebike is offline Senior Member

Coconut by-products

Primal Fuel
    So I read where lots of people are using large amounts of coconut by-products. I read constantly about what Grok would do or wouldn't do in the forums. With that said, how do you reconcile eating so much coconut products when the vast majority of Groks clearly didn't have access to unlimited amounts of coconunts?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Because it's healthy. The paleo axiom is only good to the extent as it gives us a starting point and a hypothesis. We have to test that hypothesis and defer to the empirical evidence and reasoned arguments. It just turns out that coconut is healthy. All the evidence points in favor and none of it contradicts it.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Which Groks are you talking about? I assume that those living on tropical islands DID have unlimited access to coconuts.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Coconuts may very well be one of nature's perfect foods. Part of the reason why coconut is so great is because there are so many uses for it, including any so called byproducts. For eons, people have not only been eating and cooking with coconuts, but using almost all parts of the plant for various other uses. As Stabby said, there has never been any study or dietary movement that was purely anti-coconut. Coconuts are pretty ubiquitous in the regions where early Groks ran around, so I would imagine that they never faced the risk of running low.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    The more coconuts I eat, the more fat I lose, and the better my skin looks. I say hoo-rah!

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Not saying I disagree, just wanted to here what you all thought. I've been using coconut oil and coconut milk but not in any large amounts. Perhaps I'll start incorporating more into my diet.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    I recently purchased a coconut vinegar and that coconut aminos soy-sauce alternative. Good and very interesting stuff.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I've used coconut husk charcoal a few times and coconut coir for starting seeds for several years. Pretty sure the fronds were used as roofing material. In Mexico they make good quality hand made hats from the leaves. The best aloha shirts have coconut shell buttons. I used to have a door mat made from coconut fiber. The shell cut in half makes a fine one size fits all bra.

Darrin is offline Senior Member
    Essentially none of the foods we now eat are the same as those we ate before the agricultural revolution. After thousands of years of artificial selection of our crops and livestock, it would be insane to stick to only the foods Grok likely would have eaten. Best to do the closest reasonable approximation: lots of meat and veggies, some eggs, nuts, seeds, and fruit. Don't sweat the details; there be the Devil.
    Lean, Mean, Virile Machine
    The Modern Man's Guide to Health, Fitness, and Wellness