Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Demonization of Meat page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

The Demonization of Meat

Primal Fuel
    Today I realized that meat is a demon in the eyes of many. I heard a co-worker say "i had the most nutritious meal last night for dinner... some from every single food group... well, except meat, but I had tofu so that counts."

I hear a lot of negative comments about meat, in fact, I poked my head out of my cubicle and said to the co-worker "well i had a meatza last night so i had enough meat for the both of us."

Her responce, "Ew!"

And no, she's not vegan or vegetarian. She just "eats right" as she says.

But it all led me to think, wow, whoever went out there to demonize meat certainly did it.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Healthy eating is one of those things that pertains to everyone but few will look past the basic cultural assumptions and prejudices. Nobody ever makes any healthy claims for meat because health claims are only required for an unhealthy product. cereal, crackers, processed dairy, granola bars, soy, fruit juice, etc. Those are what need the health claims. Vegetables and fruit don't really receive advertised health claims because it's implied that they're the be all end all of human nutrition; cause everyone's sick and unhealthy and nobody eats the amount recommended by agribusiness. But meat? What's good about meat? It doesn't have any fiber, you can't really fortify it and have you read The China Study? My point is made

More for us!
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Red meat in particular. I think it must be the saturated fat myth.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    I am not surprised. CW has been telling us for decades that Saturated Fat and Dietary Cholesterol are the Devil's plagues, and all should avoid them. Instead, the government has been telling us to eat lots of whole grains and more fruits/vegetables and limit red meat. I guess the more fruits/vegetables is good thing considering the SAD.

All of this are based on past fallacy scientific experiments. The issue on Saturated Fat and Dietary Cholesterol being a "bad thing" (i.e., contributing to heart disease, etc) has been debunked many times, and yet many still believe otherwise.

A "nutritious" meal for some is a big bowl of salad, a big bowl of brown rice, and a 2-3 ounce of meat (ALL fat removed)! LOL!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    In a couple posts I've mentioned the diet conventional doctors have my brother in law on to heal a very deep surgical wound. He is being force fed copious amounts of saturated fats and protein to rebuild tissue. What does a vegetarian do with such a wound and treatment? If CW surgeons and those administering to deep wounds understand the need for protein and fats for tissue regeneration, why isn't that extrapolated into having a healthy functioning body, gaping wound or not? I may be reaching, but I think this information about deep wound treatment could be repacked into a defense for why we eat as we do; and how and why the low fat and vegetarian dogmas are so unhealthy. I know that's been done in other ways, but every little bit helps. And this seems to be using CW against itself.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    It's weird how many regular meat-eaters constantly talk shit about meat. This must be a throwback to puritanical morals and aggressive child rearing - people just aren't satisfied unless they're continually punishing and chastising themselves.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    ...people just aren't satisfied unless they're continually punishing and chastising themselves.
    I punish myself with steak sauteed in butter several times a week.

Charles Farley is offline Junior Member
    The less meat other people eat, the more there is for us.

primalpanda is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prib81 View Post
    I punish myself with steak sauteed in butter several times a week.
    Hee hee! I flagellated myself with three thick strips of bacon this morning...what we do for righteousness.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    People really beat their meat, and the meat does not deserve it.

We should not beat our meat, but rather embrace it.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast