Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating less during the week and pigging out on weekend to store energy page

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member

Eating less during the week and pigging out on weekend to store energy

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone, I was curious to see if anyone had any experience with an idea I had thought up. Im a 5"11 143 pound male, training 4x a week doing gymnastic work and light leg work. On top of that I do acrobatics 3 times a week, which is usually light or moderate intensity, each class is an hour long and done in groups. On top of that I do my own movement work and generally just keep active each day, and I am looking to increase my movement work using principals from ido portal and movnat. I am not looking to "bulk" up but I definitely want to fuel for performance and also make sure I have enough calories coming in that my body can put on mass. Ive been trying to get in 4000 calories a day. The problem is that with the way my schedule is realistically ill eat 3 solid meals, and my acrobatics classes are in the evening so I have to finish my meals by max 5. By the time im home its way too late and I cant reasonably eat else id finish right before bed time and eating before sleep screws up my sleep hard. Eating so much in 3 meals really knocks me out, it can fatigue me quite a lot making it hard for me to even want to move. So the idea I had was to eat more reasonably on the days I have acrobatics classes, eat a bit more on the days I don't have classes, and then on weekends make up the calorie difference by eating very large amounts such as 5500-6000 calories. In my mind the excess energy that's not being used on that day would go towards fat stores, which I would then tap into during the week due to the lower calorie consumption, creating a nice cycle which in my head kind of would be what our ancestors did also....a lot of activity with little food followed by a kill and eating a large amount of food. Thoughts?

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    5'11", 143? you shouldn't be eating "less" any day of the week. perhaps focus on high calorie foods and drinking calories as well in order to get more food in to your body. drink whole milk protein shakes. plenty of potatoes and sweet potatoes with meals. a spoonful or 2 or peanut butter or almond butter whenever you walk past the fridge
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    5'11", 143? you shouldn't be eating "less" any day of the week. perhaps focus on high calorie foods and drinking calories as well in order to get more food in to your body. drink whole milk protein shakes. plenty of potatoes and sweet potatoes with meals. a spoonful or 2 or peanut butter or almond butter whenever you walk past the fridge
    Yeah, sounds like the OP doesn't want to hear this advice, but he needs to gain 50 lbs. Desperately.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Chug the calories down buddy......coconut milk, heavy cream, whey protein, peanut butter, coconut oil.......get all that shit blended up and gulp her down a few times a day !

Mini_mi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Chug the calories down buddy......coconut milk, heavy cream, whey protein, peanut butter, coconut oil.......get all that shit blended up and gulp her down a few times a day !
    Yea, what he said. 143?! Holy moley

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    +1 on what others have said. Eat nutrient dense foods and drink a lot of calories, too. One of friends is 5'9", 140 lb, and I'm always giving him a hard time about being too skinny.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    But he's a gymnast. Isn't it advantageous to be light?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    5'11" and 143 isn't light. it's frail. I knew a guy in college who was a gymnast. he was probably 5'5" and definitely weighed 160-165. i'm 5'10", and if I ever weighed 143, my friends would check me in to a clinic for people with eating disorders
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It's advantageous to be lean.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    CW (April 2014): 207
    CBF: 16% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    if I ever weighed 143, my friends would check me in to a clinic for people with eating disorders
    You'd either break into small, brittle shards, or disintegrate into a pile of dust on the way there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast