Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating less during the week and pigging out on weekend to store energy page 2

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    5'11" and 143 isn't light. it's frail. I knew a guy in college who was a gymnast. he was probably 5'5" and definitely weighed 160-165. i'm 5'10", and if I ever weighed 143, my friends would check me in to a clinic for people with eating disorders
    Legit, elite, competitive gymnasts are shockingly light. I haven't checked the stats lately, but I remember that during one of the recent Olympics I looked it up, and I outweighed every American Olympic gymnast by at least 10 pounds. Most are in the 135 range.

But yeah, the OP here is really really light for his height.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Legit, elite, competitive gymnasts are shockingly light. I haven't checked the stats lately, but I remember that during one of the recent Olympics I looked it up, and I outweighed every American Olympic gymnast by at least 10 pounds. Most are in the 135 range.

But yeah, the OP here is really really light for his height.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Perhaps you're right. But this dude was built like a tank. I can't imagine he weighed less than 160
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Most of the ones I've seen look pretty jacked, a GSP kinda build. I'd think a gymnast around 5' 11" would weigh around 180-190.

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    Lol got a lot more responses then I thought this would. Unfortunately no one really answered my question, I am well aware that I am too small for my height, but as I said in the post right now, I am eating a lot already getting in close to 4000 calories, but my problem as I said is I simply cannot eat more without it making me sluggish, and already its making me damn fucking sluggish as is. If I read correctly, I would guess everyones saying to focus a little less on solid food and focus more on liquid calories? I really didn't want to start replacing real solid food with liquid...heard a lot of negative stuff. But I suppose if I want to train so much I have to suck it up. Im still curious if anyone thinks its a good idea on days im less active to hit much larger calorie ranges to store energy for the week?

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    On a side note...I have pretty shitty digestion...which is why I haven't been focusing on the liquid calorie root as well...most of the things I would put in liquid fuck me up....cant handle milk here...I would love to have access to raw goats milk but no can do....coconut milk makes me feel like crap I think that's cuz of the fillers...obv. whey proteins out. I have a big ass tub of a glucose powder tho....so maybe if I do large amounts of that with almond butter. Im a bit stuck cuz anytime I do too much of any of these "mass" ingredients my stomach tells me to go fuck myself and my skin takes a dive for the worse. Not trying to sound like a baby its just a fact.

nobody said to replace solid foods with liquid foods. we said to "add" liquid foods to whatever else you are eating. so instead of a glass of water with a meal, drink a glass of whole milk.

if you can't do dairy, coconut milk, or whey powder (not sure why a 100% whey isolate would bother you though), perhaps the peanut butter/almond butter is the route to go. eggs too. eggs are definitely one of the best bang-for-your-buck, mass-biolding foods in the world.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Chug down a glass filled with 6 eggs in a morning and another with 6 eggs before bed. That would provide around 48 g of fat and 72 g of protein.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Chug down a glass filled with 6 eggs in a morning and another with 6 eggs before bed. That would provide around 48 g of fat and 72 g of protein.
    I do this all the time. Except my eggs are sort of jumbo, so probably a little bit more than that. It's not even gross. Close your eyes and it tastes almost like slightly salty milk.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I do this all the time. Except my eggs are sort of jumbo, so probably a little bit more than that. It's not even gross. Close your eyes and it tastes almost like slightly salty milk.
    Close your eyes, tilt your head back, and guzzle the slightly salty milk... what exactly are we talking about here?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Close your eyes, tilt your head back, and guzzle the slightly salty milk... what exactly are we talking about here?
    I see what you did there. If you're drinking that stuff cold, you're doing it wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast