Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why does it take MEN so long to grow up? page 7

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Why do people shy from responsibility for fear of losing humor? Clearly, they've never had to shoulder much responsibility, and Zach duly noted that war is one way of doing this.
    Yep, I don't see why humour and responsibility have to be mutually exclusive. I'm immature in many peoples eyes, but I'm not lacking in responsibility.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

jdjohnson50 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I'm nearly 55 and still love fart joke..... and armpit farts.....
    I assume your forum name means you were the corpsman on the Silversides? I was an officer on SSN-664, Sea Devil.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    "Grown up"

https://encrypted.google.com/#q=grown+up+definition

It means to be an adult. Let's look at an antonym now, for better clarity.

https://encrypted.google.com/#q=immature

That's some shitty and slippery kind of defining, don't you think?

But the point of posting a picture of a child soldier looking childish with a gun was that war doesn't do anything except make people murder other people. Then boys at home who still get a sinking feeling in their belly when they hear confrontational male voices are free to fantasize about how manly they can be if they put on the uniform. I feel like the best way to describe your theoreticals is, "eager virgin."

You have probably never even hurt anyone for real, and are making a serious grown-up face and nodding in agreement about warfare LOL

W
    hat would an adult have, that's developed, that kid wouldn't? Physically, maturity is marked by a completion of puberty. Socially, maturity is marked by having a productive and valuable role in society, which is the same thing as responsibility.
    Haha oh man- you aren't going to be rid of this nonsense unless you look at your relationship with your mother; obviously men vs boys have a great deal of accumulated character traits that do not necessarily have anything whatsoever to do with "responsibility."

When I was a young kid, I was in all kinds of smart-kid school programs that made a lot of demands of my time. Plus little league and chores. I was more responsible as a 10 year old than I am at 30, but at 10 I was a stupid kid, and at 30 I am not.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I am going to help you out and postulate that being a grown-up means owning your desires and motives; children don't think twice about asking to piss.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    zach, banned? wha?

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by insearchofabs View Post
    zach, banned? Wha?
    wtf?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Zach +1- whoops....too late. Thread killer....
    Last edited by Terry H; 10-17-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567