Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Why does it take MEN so long to grow up? page 5

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If your momma didn't wake you up for school you'd likely end up a complete dumbass.

And the fact that you have fiscal responsibility should be enough to get you out of bed.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    You are not looking deeply enough into it; why is there fiscal responsibility? Nothing about the planet earth or our biology makes payment in coin or paying rent to land-owners inevitable or necessary? The dynamic that we are illuminating creates the conditions that impose fiscal responsibility.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    It's because there's only one 'mum' in the house. Men don't *have* to grow up. Their wife does it for them....

Fun story: My wife was going out for the evening last week, which came as a rude surprise to my 4yo son as he was getting ready for bed. First he forbade her to go out, then when that didn't work he 'told on her' to me (presumably so I would forbid her to go out) and then finally finished by saying 'I guess dad has to be the mum tonight then'.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 10-15-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Intriguing...

That his first response was to assert command over her, and then to appeal to a stronger male to do so on his behalf.

haha Derp you hearing this?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You are not looking deeply enough into it; why is there fiscal responsibility? Nothing about the planet earth or our biology makes payment in coin or paying rent to land-owners inevitable or necessary? The dynamic that we are illuminating creates the conditions that impose fiscal responsibility.
    This for sure. I've never stopped asking WHY we use something as stupid as currency and fake economies built on projected profits that aren't coming because nobody is producing anything. It's like investing in a collapsing bridge held by strangers. What happened to the HG life? We need more of that! With medicine...a little medicine.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Why would I grow up? Being grown up seems to mean being a boring old fart.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Zach is offline Banned
    Lack of war. War makes boys grow up real fast.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Lack of war. War makes boys grow up real fast.
    So true.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Why would I grow up? Being grown up seems to mean being a boring old fart.
    Why do people shy from responsibility for fear of losing humor? Clearly, they've never had to shoulder much responsibility, and Zach duly noted that war is one way of doing this.

Attachment 13850

It doesn't just feel ridiculous to you to type that out and then press Reply?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast