Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does it take MEN so long to grow up? page 3

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    He who smelt it, dealt it...
    Whoever denied it supplied it.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think the difference is between child-like and childish. Child-like to me implies the ability to take joy in simple things, an ability to laugh at a lot of things, and a desire to have fun. Childish implies selfishness, self-absorption, entitlement, and other traits that are just annoying.

Laughing at fart jokes is child-like. Not washing out your own skidmarks is childish. Only one of those is cute.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    At the age of fifty, I am still wondering what I am going to do when I finally grow up! I still want to have fun so I guess Iíll spend a few more years figuring out what I am going to do with my lifeÖ

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Actually men never grow up. My husband will be 56 this year and he still loves fart jokes, farts and belches loudly; rolls around on the ground with the grandchildren (then complains the next day when he hurts); never picks up after himself - comes home, drops his stuff and that's where it remains.....forever, unless I pick it up and put it on his chair so he has to move it.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Fart jokes are okay. It's the 3 Stooges that I just can't stand. They're like some kind of magnet for men. I never understood the attraction.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    What's the definition of being grown up?
    "resign and subordinate your behavior and needs to that of the economic demands of the ruling class."
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    "resign and subordinate your behavior and needs to that of the economic demands of the ruling class."
    Or subordinate your behavior to your wife, to live conformist and boring, not being allowed to put your feets on the table in your own home etc...

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    I never grew up, I just grew old.

Or so I've been told.

I've been the dour, serious type for a long time now, probably more than a decade. I'm only 25.

M.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Conformist wives are ruling class agents whose status-appetites and fear of exclusion from "legitimate" society serve to enforce cultural behaviors sanctioned by the ruling classes.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

You are a very wise guy Mr.Perfidy, you are quite right about that...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast