Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I eat 65% fat but my husband wants cereal......... page 5

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been eating a primal diet for 3.5 years....but I included raw milk, too.
    After a year or 2 of eating eggs and bacon I got so sick of meat in general I started to lighten up. Last year winter I couldn't take it anymore. The constant obsession over nutrients and whats primal and what isn't, drove me nuts and I finally said 'f*ck it".

On top of trying to be primal, and curing myself from EVERYTHING, and trying to prevent future cancer etc...I became obsessed and found that I had nothing else to talk or think about in life...and found no joy other than my obsession with being primal.

I will continue to remain mostly primal but found that the occasional coffee or un-organic tomato won't kill me. We will all wilt later in life, some faster than others depending on how much quality nutrition is stored within your cells. Menopause/Andropause will come and you will all find that what you ate two decades ago will make a huge difference in wether you enter the last years of your life with good health and joy or with sickness and suffering.

All you 20 year olds stop obsessing... nobody can stick to this 100% at all times. Things happen in life that will throw you off the wagon sooner or later, vacation food, air plane food, hospital food, cafeteria food, visiting a relative 2 states away with nothing but bread and marmalade in the fridge, etc...

You cannot be 100% at all times, you'd have to live in a bubble (on another planet without phalates and Fukushima).

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    stop obsessing... nobody can stick to this 100% at all times.
    good thing mark has the 80/20 rule. except nobody actually reads the book anymore and everyone gets caught up in the "how hard can I paleo" mentality. 80/20. that means of the 20 meals you eat in a week, 4 of them can be absolute crap and according to mark, the author of the primal blueprint, you're still perfectly primal. 80/20. so for all the softheads stressing over soda and gummy bears and a slice of pizza...stop acting like Nazis and remember the 80/20 rule
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    In what world is sushi fattening? That is ridiculous assuming you avoid the bs rolls with all the sauces.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Many, many times more than grains. Nuts have on average the highest anti-nutrient content of "typical" foods. The only thing that rivals them is cocoa powder and coffee grounds. I believe almonds contain ten times more anti-nutrients than wheat.
    Aren't these anti-nutrients really only slightly anti one or two minerals? I don't think anyone can accurately measure that a significant amount of overall depletion is occurring if your diet is otherwise well rounded. Plus, you can't discount the minerals the nuts are actually providing. That being said most people are not going to eat like a meals worth of nuts anyway so it probably does not matter much either way.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    In what world is sushi fattening? That is ridiculous assuming you avoid the bs rolls with all the sauces.
    Did Grok (praise be upon him) eat tekka nigiri? You have your answer.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    good thing mark has the 80/20 rule. except nobody actually reads the book anymore and everyone gets caught up in the "how hard can I paleo" mentality. 80/20. that means of the 20 meals you eat in a week, 4 of them can be absolute crap and according to mark, the author of the primal blueprint, you're still perfectly primal. 80/20. so for all the softheads stressing over soda and gummy bears and a slice of pizza...stop acting like Nazis and remember the 80/20 rule
    i'm considering a Time Out corner when i read stories like that

'you're in big trouble, now sit there and think about what you did wrong'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    When Knifegill first became Primal, I wasn't. Breakfast was the hardest thing for me to figure out how to turn into Primal. It took me about two years of transitioning from normal cereal, to sprouted grain cereal, to sprouted grain bread, to gluten-free bread, to yogurt, to finally not caring what meal was which and eating a steak for breakfast. I'd say give him time and show him some of the awesome suggestions these people are posting. He might find one that will work for him, be it rice cereal, yogurt with nut granola, or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Did Grok (praise be upon him) eat tekka nigiri? You have your answer.
    Your entire premise is flawed if you think simply because something did not exist in grok days it is somehow fattening or unhealthy. It is a great starting point but not a simple conclusion. Besides, I guess over 8,000 years of farming rice is not recent enough.. yep rice has been so bad for us

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Your entire premise is flawed if you think simply because something did not exist in grok days it is somehow fattening or unhealthy. It is a great starting point but not a simple conclusion. Besides, I guess over 8,000 years of farming rice is not recent enough.. yep rice has been so bad for us
    Fact: Humanity is unhealthy and sick now.
    Fact: Grok (praise be upon him) was always fit and healthy.

It is therefore impeccable logic that everything Grok (praise be upon him) ate and did is healthy for us, and anything he did not do is unhealthy.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Just because something promotes short term survival, does not mean it promotes optimal health. I'm not anti-rice or anti-carb, but there is really nothing that supports the idea that rice has been good for health - other than the fact that it keeps people from starving to death.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast