Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I eat 65% fat but my husband wants cereal......... page 4

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Nothing will ever make me hate salad. There are few things on Earth better than a quality chicken caesar salad. Food of the Gods.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    What most people said. A bowl of cereal isn't going to kill him. Either try and substitute it with something else or let it go.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

patski is offline Senior Member
    I hate to break it to you, but nuts are full of anti-nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Wheat-based cereal was the last thing my Sweetie let go of, he just really liked eating something crunchy with milk in the morning. One day he ran out and I "forgot" to buy any more (I do most of the grocery shopping.)

What I make for him now is nut "cereal". I put a mixture of nuts (almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, etc., NOT peanuts) into the blender and pulse it 'till it's chunky and there's a little bit of nut powder. I mix in some melted coconut oil and a lot of cinnamon, spread it on a cookie sheet, and bake it at 250F for 10-15 minutes. When cooled, I mix in some chopped dried cranberries, dried cherries, and dried apricots. It's crunchy and it never gets soggy in milk! I usually make a big batch every couple weeks and freeze part of it (it thaws quickly at room temperature).

Sweetie uses less of this than he did of his wheat cereal because it's more filling, and he sometimes puts frozen berries over the top. He still gets his carbs via the dried and frozen fruit, but none of the anti-nutrients that are in grains.

When I'm done with my Whole30 I'm going to take a small amount of this "cereal" and mix it with melted dark chocolate, for a treat.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What are you talking about dude? No one can possibly dislike meat and vegetables!
    I have nothing really against meat and vegetables. Unless that's all I'm eating. I just feel like them at all for breakfast and it doesn't put me in good stead for the rest of the day when it comes to energy and mood.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I like meat, hate vegetables.
    Ditto, except for maybe potatoes and kumara.

I don't understand how some people in my staffroom can eat mounds of lettuce/carrot/tomato - like, literally about the size of my head of rabbit food). It's mind boggling.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This forum has now reached the point where every single thread is hijacked.

Can't someone just get some fricking suggestions for alternatives to breakfast without all this BS erupting?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I have a real problem with consuming nuts, they really inflame me. But it seems like some people tolerate them really well. I wonder if specific subsets of people are more sensitive to certain anti-nutrients/lectins.....
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Many, many times more than grains. Nuts have on average the highest anti-nutrient content of "typical" foods. The only thing that rivals them is cocoa powder and coffee grounds. I believe almonds contain ten times more anti-nutrients than wheat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Ditto, except for maybe potatoes and kumara.

I don't understand how some people in my staffroom can eat mounds of lettuce/carrot/tomato - like, literally about the size of my head of rabbit food). It's mind boggling.
    I'm not much for lettuce (unless using it for a wrap) but I can ingest copious amounts of spinach/kale along with various other veggies in a salad... Usually comes after a nice steak/pork chop/etc., but there's nothing wrong with a good salad.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    CW (April 2014): 207
    CBF: 16% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

marc is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Tell your husband to avoid Potatoes, Bread, Grains and to join the Holy Church of the G.I Index and that he should make at least 4 anti-nutrient prayers a day.

Anything that gives off pleasure should be avoided. Tea, Coffee, Cocoa all evil.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast