Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I eat 65% fat but my husband wants cereal......... page 3

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oats or rice cereal with some coconut milk. Hell of a lot better than a nut cereal. The thought of eating meat and vegetables is disgusting to some people for a reason.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Oats or rice cereal with some coconut milk. Hell of a lot better than a nut cereal. The thought of eating meat and vegetables is disgusting to some people for a reason.
    No it isn't. Most are disgusted for no good reason

Sent from mobile
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    At the end of the day, your husband is an adult and is capable of deciding his own priorities. A bit of cereal and occasional sushi isn't going to kill him, when he could be eating Big Macs and twinkies on a daily basis.

Probably not the advice you wanted, but my suggestion is to lighten up. Mark said once, don't let perfect be the enemy of good. If that's all the worse hubby is eating, you're doing fantastic.
    all this, yes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Stick to gluten free cereals, raw milk if possible and eat your sushi once a week. Nothing wrong with white rice. Ask for gluten free soy sauce or tamari and that's that
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    My DH lost 50 lbs over 6 months on a diet that was only about 50% primal and definitely not low carb (I guessing 50% cals from carbs?). It was painless for him because nobody was telling him what to eat. And painless for me because all I did was cook primal dinners. At this point he's more like 75% primal, maintaining easily and happy as a clam.

I wouldn't sweat breakfast at this point. Don't borrow trouble.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    No it isn't. Most are disgusted for no good reason

Sent from mobile
    I said some are disgusted for a reason. Meat and vegetables sure as hell didn't do me any good.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I said some are disgusted for a reason. Meat and vegetables sure as hell didn't do me any good.
    What are you talking about dude? No one can possibly dislike meat and vegetables!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What are you talking about dude? No one can possibly dislike meat and vegetables!
    Meat and vegetables are awesome. JUST meat and vegetables? That's a death sentence. May as well be, you're clearly not living or doing anything that involves energy and happiness.

Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with a bit of sushi, unless he's intentionally trying to be low-carb (is he?).

Regarding cereal, we've decided that it's a battle we don't want to fight with our kids, so we have cornflakes, ricies and porridge for them, as well as the option of the cooked bacon/eggs/liver/mushrooms/spinach that we have.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your husband having a cereal that's gluten free and not loaded with sugar.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Meat and vegetables are awesome. JUST meat and vegetables? That's a death sentence. May as well be, you're clearly not living or doing anything that involves energy and happiness.

Ahaha that pic

I like meat, hate vegetables. Some people have different tastes buds though, especially for copious amounts of meat consumption. I'd rather eat cheese most of the time.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast