Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: developing a better life page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

Talking developing a better life

Shop Now
    so i decided to start this journal bec.i have been reading journals lately and i like the idea
    here is a brief outline of myself:
    1)im not so outgoing , u could say shy
    2) when im with my friends however im very crazy and talktive
    3) i love anything that raises my adrenalin
    4) love cooking and baking(bt nt alot of that nw :d)
    5) i LOVE the primal lifestyle

i have always been into sports , i played basketball,tennis,karate,speedball(although i dnt consider it asport ), swimming, and of course pole.vault
    i was a national and international athlete in pole vaulting , gt thord world under 16 bt i stopped bec i foumd i dnt enjoy the sport and life is to short ,i nw play crossfit which i really enjoy and i won first in egypt crossfit tpurnement but i mobed to canada so pooking to compete here

weight has always been an issue , i guess due to my parents habits when i was a kid :/ bt at 14 ywars old i was at a good weight bt my coach kept telling me i have to lose like 8 kilo so that put in my head that im fatand i started obsessing so as a result i actually gained 10kilo for sometime i had bulimia trying toblose them back and i was HIIT traiming for 3 hours a day for 2 monthes :/ until i stumbled upon MDA and that was the best day ofy life

i went cold turkey right away andy bulumia stopped , i was eating the foods i loved, bt in the beginning i was afraid to add fats and i kept adding them gradually until i noticed that tuw weight was coming off i tried ketosis for a while bt it wasnt fun nw i eat more balanved meals which i love , and gradually thw fat is comiing off nw i can see my abs and my serratus anterior muscles when i flex
    im currently at 24% body fat i hope to reach 16% i dnt care how long it takes as long as i get thwre

there is no food to post yet bec im fasting for religious reasons bt ill post my" breakfast" in tue evening

hope it wasnt too long this is as simplified as i can put it :d

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Subbed to Journal. Just about to head about to school, so will reply ASAP.

Looking forward to having you here.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    weight has always been an issue , i guess due to my parents habits when i was a kid :/ bt at 14 ywars old i was at a good weight bt my coach kept telling me i have to lose like 8 kilo so that put in my head that im fatand i started obsessing so as a result i actually gained 10kilo for sometime i had bulimia trying toblose them back and i was HIIT traiming for 3 hours a day for 2 monthes :/ until i stumbled upon MDA and that was the best day ofy life
    I can relate a lot to this. I wasn't blessed with the best genetics (not saying you were too ofc I'm just typing a wee anecdote ;D) so whatever the other kids could get away with, put weight on me. I, too, was into sports, and was a little chubby but never drastically overweight; I was also advised to lose some to better myself, but in my insecure mind that meant I was a horrible fat beast who was a disgrace to look at.

i went cold turkey right away andy bulumia stopped , i was eating the foods i loved, bt in the beginning i was afraid to add fats and i kept adding them gradually until i noticed that tuw weight was coming off i tried ketosis for a while bt it wasnt fun nw i eat more balanved meals which i love , and gradually thw fat is comiing off nw i can see my abs and my serratus anterior muscles when i flex
    im currently at 24% body fat i hope to reach 16% i dnt care how long it takes as long as i get thwre

there is no food to post yet bec im fasting for religious reasons bt ill post my" breakfast" in tue evening

hope it wasnt too long this is as simplified as i can put it :d
    Awesome, really happy for you

Just want to advise: be careful about your goals. I'm not trying to deter you; I'm just saying, concentrate less on the numbers and percentages, and instead, how you feel about yourself. If you can get to 16% - great! If not - don't be disheartened. You look great at the minute, and if progress is keeping, that's excellent At our age, it's just best to get all the nutrition and exercise we can; be happy about things; and not to get too caught up on numbers.

Don't mean to rant, haha. Keep it up :3

Thanx for ur replies guys , and ya when I checked the fat precentage it was just random since I saw someone checking theirs and im like why nt

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    when im with my friends however im very crazy and talktive
    Haha That's great ! I really envy you that - sometimes I'm really boring and can't find a good contact even with my friends..

love cooking and baking(bt nt alot of that nw :d)
    i LOVE the primal lifestyle
    I'm waiting for pics of things you baked! : 3 Primal lifestyle is the best way to spend our lives, I'm sure you know it. It's great that we have all started eating and moving like GROKS in such a young age!

i was a national and international athlete in pole vaulting , gt thord world under 16 bt i stopped bec i foumd i dnt enjoy the sport and life is to short ,i nw play crossfit which i really enjoy and i won first in egypt crossfit tpurnement but i mobed to canada so pooking to compete here
    *.* international athlete? WOW.. You seem to be really in great form : ) Keep it up!

nw i eat more balanved meals which i love , and gradually thw fat is comiing off nw i can see my abs and my serratus anterior muscles when i flex
    And that's the right way! Don't listen to other people - you should just see what your body wants to eat and after which foods you feel comfortable : ) I keep my fingers crossed for you! Just eat whole foods, move and have fun --> and you will soon reach your goals!

Best wishes from Poland! <3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

[QUOTE=Adrian;1338063]Haha That's great ! I really envy you that - sometimes I'm really boring and can't find a good contact even with my friends..
    -------------------------'

I bet ur amazing with ur ftiends we just tend to be hard on ourselves
    --------------------------

I'm waiting for pics of things you baked! : 3 Primal lifestyle is the best way to spend our lives, I'm sure you know it. It's great that we have all started eating and moving like GROKS in such a young age!
    --------------------------

Ya I dnt bake so much any more bec I became primal and I dnt want ro bake things and let my family eat it I just dnt find it right ik there are primal cakes and cookies and stuff its just that its mostly with coconut. I adore it bt my family nt so much :/ bt ill bake something just for u
    ------------------------------------

*.* international athlete? WOW.. You seem to be really in great form : ) Keep it up
    -------------------------------------
    Mabye nt so great form bt huge strength mabye ill post a video of me in the gym
    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by egyption grok; 10-14-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Today I went shopping with my mom for 2 hours it was all walking and since I'm talking this week as rest from training I was happy about that

I gt some bone marrow and was hoping to make a patch for the first time bt I failed miserably bec I put it on very high heat so it all melted bt np ill just save all the fat and mabye use it as butter

After I got home I started making dinner it was very quick since we were ganna break our fast after an hour
    So this is wat I came up with
    Pear, salad , chicken leg there were ganna be mixed veggies bt they didn't get cooked in time and we were all full at the end so we'll have to freeze it up I had the whole bowl of salad and one of the huge delicious legs soooo full right nw and I'm so happy bec tom is EID and we r having a huge gathering us muslims in toronto , much fun awaits !!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    so i decided to start this journal bec.i have been reading journals lately and i like the idea : p
    here is a brief outline of myself:
    1)im not so outgoing , u could say shy
    2) when im with my friends however im very crazy and talktive
    3) i love anything that raises my adrenalin
    4) love cooking and baking(bt nt alot of that nw : d)
    5) i LOVE the primal lifestyle

i have always been into sports , i played basketball,tennis,karate,speedball(although i dnt consider it asport ), swimming, and of course pole.vault
    Pleasure to meet you, EgyptianGrok! (Can I call you EG for short, or will that get confusing whenever I pull out an example, e.g, right now )

You sound a bit like me in terms of personality, and a tad bit amazing too in terms of sport! Third in the world? Bloody hell, that's impressive.

I get the feeling it's going to be a real pleasure talking to you.

weight has always been an issue , i guess due to my parents habits when i was a kid :/ bt at 14 ywars old i was at a good weight bt my coach kept telling me i have to lose like 8 kilo so that put in my head that im fatand i started obsessing so as a result i actually gained 10kilo : ( for sometime i had bulimia trying toblose them back and i was HIIT traiming for 3 hours a day for 2 monthes :/ until i stumbled upon MDA and that was the best day ofy life : )

i went cold turkey right away andy bulumia stopped , i was eating the foods i loved, bt in the beginning i was afraid to add fats and i kept adding them gradually until i noticed that tuw weight was coming off i tried ketosis for a while bt it wasnt fun nw i eat more balanved meals which i love , and gradually thw fat is comiing off nw i can see my abs and my serratus anterior muscles when i flex ; )
    im currently at 24% body fat i hope to reach 16% i dnt care how long it takes as long as i get thwre : )

hope it wasnt too long this is as simplified as i can put it : d
    The bolded text here alarms, EGrok.

You've confessed in the past that "weight" has been an issue, and now you are worrying about body fat percentage - or at the very least, have set a goal to decrease it? Why, at your age, would you want to cut your body fat% from a relatively lean and comfortable (not to mention, attractive) 24% to a on-stage bodybuilding level of 16%?!

I'd like you to please ask yourself something:
    At 16% body fat, will you be happy?

I don't mean to come off overly critical here - I believe that what ebrady said above was amazing advice - to concentrate less on the numbers and percentages, and instead, how you feel about yourself. Stop worrying about numbers of any kind, be it weight, body fat percentage or calories or whatever and concentrate on important things. Which are, I don't know, teenage girl things?:
    • Graduating from high school with good marks
    • Getting a drivers license.
    • Succeeding in fitness (non-aesthetic) related goals.
    • Finding a boy/man who loves and cares about you.
    • Choosing a career.

^I don't know if any of these things appeal to you (Can confirm have never been a teenage girl ), but I'd say they should probably take a bit more priority in your life over reaching 16% body fat no matter the cost... Let me assure you, these things are undoubtedly worth so much more.

Today I went shopping with my mom for 2 hours it was all walking and since I'm talking this week as rest from training I was happy about that ; )

I gt some bone marrow and was hoping to make a patch for the first time bt I failed miserably bec I put it on very high heat so it all melted bt np ill just save all the fat and mabye use it as butter : D

After I got home I started making dinner it was very quick since we were ganna break our fast after an hour : p
    So this is wat I came up with
    Pear, salad , chicken leg there were ganna be mixed veggies bt they didn't get cooked in time and we were all full at the end so we'll have to freeze it up : p I had the whole bowl of salad and one of the huge delicious legs : D soooo full right nw and I'm so happy bec tom is EID and we r having a huge gathering us muslims in toronto , much fun awaits !!! : )

...well, your meals look bloody fantastic. Put us all to shame, eh?

I hope they were great and I hope you have a fantastic day. As I've said, it's a pleasure to have you
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

THANX for the advice shadowknight or should I call u angry bird
    Bt like I said im nt obsessing over numbers or anything I just checked my bf% out of curiosity .I saw a guy checking his in my gym and I was like y nt it has been months since I lasted checked it anyway
    Oh and I want to get to u know at least 18% bf so my muscles show their tone and the bodybuilders women r more closer to 12%

And about the priorities , im just reading through them and im like
    CHECK, CHECK, CHECK but the driver's license is still 2 years from now and im wishing I win the crossfit open and regionals here in canada
    WOW I think my life is planned out already
    I do have a guy but he is back in egypt bt we plan to get married while im in university no babies or anything just in my religion we cant be together except when were married

And NO u guys have meals that make me DROOL !!
    Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by egyption grok; 10-15-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Eat, lift heavy, sleep, repeat.

Are you planning to move back to Egypt? How's Canada? I've always wanted to visit

Also: dat chicken. *drools over keyboard*

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast