Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else likes cold weather/showers/baths etc? page 3

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Shower water should be a couple degrees shy of first degree burns.

I had a water heater break once so I boiled water on the stove to heat a bath.

I don't even swim in the ocean here. In the warmest part of summer the water is only 65-70 degrees.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I don't really have time for that. I try to shower no more than 10 minutes
    I rarely shower for a full ten minutes. It doesn't take long for the cold to overwhelm, and then I know I should get out (shouldn't I?) by the time my skin is so confused it thinks it's hot!

Sometimes, when I do just really want a hot shower, I take one, and go until the hot water runs out. Hot water is really expensive, though, so those aren't too often. Plus hot water makes my scalp flaky and gives me bacne...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I like cold showers on a hot day or when I leave steam room. Trying to do cold exposure in the winter left me hiding in bed. I grew up in a cold country, moved to a colder country and I hate, hate, hate cold. Winter is coming now, and I dread all the 6 months of it....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    Someone told me this little trick when I was stationed in Korea. Take steaming hot showers in the Summer then Tepid showers in Winter so you'll adjust to the seasons better.

Korea was the coldest place I've ever been by the way. Guys deployed from North Dakota were getting hypothermia. My respect for all the Korean War Vets doubled after spending a year there.
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    ^Try opening a window and turning the heating off. Seriously, the first 10 minutes you'll curse yourself (and me ), but then you'll get used to it.
    No, I really won't get used to it. I've had 32 years of 6 month long winters to try, and it isn't happening. Within minutes of being out in temps just above freezing, my fingertips are numb. With gloves on. Sorels and Canada Goose parkas are the greatest inventions ever.

Not only that, as your parents and employer do, I pay for the gas to heat my house...I'm not about to deliberately cool it right off only to have to warm it back up again.

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    About three years ago, I decided to try building my cold tolerance. I left the thermostat at 57F through the winter, and intentionally started wearing clothes that were just a bit too thin for the cold. The following year, it never went above 55. If it weren't for the damp causing mildew growth (it rains for eight straight months here), I'd bust it down to 50, but 55's as low as I can reasonably go. So I sleep with the window open and let the cats enjoy draping themselves over the radiators.

Right now it's foggy and 41F in Seattle, which in my mind is still t-shirt weather. Yeah, I guess I looked a little odd this morning at the bus stop, amid all the folks huddled in peacoats and down jackets, but I'm cool with that.

Heat, though--that's another story. Avoiding the worst of it is why I live here, and one reason I'll never leave.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I workout outside in my backyard, and theres something really refreshing about cold air and weather. I also like it when it starts to rain and im outside. Its feelings i had when i was a kid, but as you get older we are always cooped up inside. You drive a car, your in an office all day, you stay indoors etc. i like to boost my immune system by exposing myself to these conditions. I think it works. I just really hate windy days.
    Last edited by zizou; 10-16-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I figured that out the third day. I felt like I was living in a little house on the prairie book. I am so weak.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

peril is offline Senior Member
    Have had nothing but cold showers for about 18mths, so two winters and a summer. Can't say I really enjoy getting under it on a cold morning but once under there is no urgency to finish. No lingering though. I also walk to and from work in short sleeves all year round, but the climate is mild. Has made me very resistant to cold
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I get out of the shower, I feel warm and relaxed and nice. But anybody I touch makes sure I know my hands are abjectly winterized. This makes me laugh.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast