Thread: Vitamin Advice page

uint32 is offline Junior Member

Vitamin Advice

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice on our supplement intake and any gaps or dangers. I recently read about a possible link between D3 and kidney stones, which I need to investigate further, but it has left me a little worried. Should I be concerned about this?

Daily Supplements:

• Vitamin D3: 2500 iu (am)
    • Omega3: 1000mg (EPA: 530mg, DHA: 90mg) (am x 1, pm x 1)
    • Evening Primrose Oil: 1000mg (am x 2, pm x 2) [WIFE]
    • Now Daily Multi Vitamin: am x 1

We eat a fairly strict primal diet but enjoy the occasional meal out. Our supplement intake is to cover anything we may be missing.

Thanks for any advice.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Hello,
    If you "overdose" on D3, you may feel concerned although I don't really know. It seems a little funny to supplement so much of "isolated" D3. I have read that D3 was best taken with other co-factors, like A and K2. For that, I recommend fermented cod liver oil (tastes like ass ...), vit D lamp, organic grass fed butter and aged gouda for K2 (or butter oil, but super pricey ...). Of course, in spring / summer / early fall: go outdoor and expose your skin regularly to sunshine, that is our best way to get D3.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here is my Vitamin D3 Research, and there are no dangers listed in the doctor recommended dosages of 8,000 IU to 10,000 IU daily. You should base your dosage on the results of your blood testing. Everyone is different, so 5,000 IU may be too much for one person but not enough for another. It is also dependent on the amount of direct sunshine you get. If you can get at least 1 hour daily of direct sunshine you won't need any supplements. Adjust your D3 dosage until your blood test is between 70 to 80 ng/ml, per Doctors Davis & Kruse who I consider the best.
    http://tinyurl.com/Vitamin-D-Report
    For most folks, 5,000 IU to 10,000 IU is ideal.

If your blood test exceeds 120ng/ml there could be problems.

Grizz