Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gelatin to muscle meat ratio? WARNING: Ray Peat concept page

Eureka5280 is offline Senior Member

Gelatin to muscle meat ratio? WARNING: Ray Peat concept

Does anyone with experience following a peat style woe have data on the recommended ratio of gelatin to muscle meat for proper balancing of amino acids? I use Knox gelatin (some day I'll gert around to making legit bone broth but that day is not today.)

Thanks!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    "If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5 or 10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance."

"When we eat animal proteins in the traditional ways, we assimilate a large amount of glycine and gelatin. This whole-animal balance of amino acids supports all sorts of biological process..."

Tweak however you want.
    nihil

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    "If a person eats a large serving of meat, it's probably helpful to have 5 or 10 grams of gelatin at approximately the same time, so that the amino acids enter the blood stream in balance."

"When we eat animal proteins in the traditional ways, we assimilate a large amount of glycine and gelatin. This whole-animal balance of amino acids supports all sorts of biological process..."

Tweak however you want.
    What about gelatinous cuts of meat like ribs or briskets? Seems to me that suffices. The added gelatin would be for non-gelatinous lean cuts right?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Also, make sure to rub the gelatin into some KY Jelly and put it in little circles on your forehead, this will help the unicorns exit your ass in tandem. It's proven! Studies show, if you want to lose unicorns, gelatin is a must!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Why do you hate science?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Where is the science?? I haven't seen any science from Peatarians.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Forget Peatarians. Get it from the source. Why don't you email him instead of badgering his followers who have only interpretations to offer. The science is common. It can be validated via Google scholar, not by opposition's blogs.

By the way, I actually hesitate to suggest google for research as it tends to make you live in a bubble. The search results are extracted from the biases in your existing data. E.g., if ou are pro low-carb google is going to give you confirmation biased search results. You have to dig beyond to get opposing data.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Also, make sure to rub the gelatin into some KY Jelly and put it in little circles on your forehead, this will help the unicorns exit your ass in tandem. It's proven! Studies show, if you want to lose unicorns, gelatin is a must!

I imagine they are rubbing somewhere other than their forhead....zack seems to use it to fapp his way to freedom as he tr@lls this forum.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Why are you guys so angry and confrontational all the time? I have noticed low-carbers tend to be rigid and lacking a sense of humor around here, whereas people who eat more carbs tend to be more laid back and friendlier. I have never seen someone on this forum that is high carb and pissy 24/7, lol. Coincidence??

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm laughing. I thought we were all enjoying this.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast