Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much carbs cause insulin spike page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

How much carbs cause insulin spike

Shop Now
    If I were to get say 15g of carbs from oats would that cause insulin spike? Ik oats arent primal bt my parents got the cereal and the ingredients look legit here in the photo!

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think just about anything except pure fat causes some insulin spike. The bigger picture is how often. If you eat breakfast and supper and no snacks, you're probably doing yourself some good. If you eat the US recommendations of grazing and eating 5-6 small meals per day, you're probably hurting yourself.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    I generally eat breakfast dinner and probably supper bt its usally just a piece of fruit with coffee ! Yup coffee doesnt affect me one bit and I love it

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    There's no reason to worry about insulin unless you're diabetic/severely insulin resistant. The insulin = fat gain concept has gone too far. As JoanieL alluded to, protein spikes insulin as well, often more so than carbohydrate.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Insulin can be beneficial if you are trying to gain muscle mass but constant insulin peaks and troughs are damaging and exhausting. Instead of trying to avoid insulin you are better off embracing it once or twice a day.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Insulin can be beneficial if you are trying to gain muscle mass but constant insulin peaks and troughs are damaging and exhausting. Instead of trying to avoid insulin you are better off embracing it once or twice a day.
    How are they damaging/exhausting?

Don't you get tired from having blood sugar dips? Don't people become insulin resistant if constantly exposed? Do we have to have the whole sugar is great/ cr*p argument again?
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Don't you get tired from having blood sugar dips? Don't people become insulin resistant if constantly exposed? Do we have to have the whole sugar is great/ cr*p argument again?
    Having huge rises and falls in blood sugar (particularly leading to hypoglycemia) is an indication of the inability to oxidize glucose effectively (a faulty metabolism). If you cannot eat carbohydrates without crashing and burning, your metabolism is the issue, not the food you're eating or those insidious insulin spikes. Hyperinsulinemia seems to be a result insulin resistance, not the cause. Insulin has been shown to be satiating over the short term as well.

Whole Health Source: The Carbohydrate Hypothesis of Obesity: a Critical Examination
    Whole Health Source: Is Sugar Fattening?
    Whole Health Source: What Causes Insulin Resistance? Part I
    Insulin…an Undeserved Bad Reputation Weightology Weekly

How do you get a faulty metabolism? Enlighten us...eating fatty meat and vegetables?
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Zach is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Blood sugar issues only happen to insulin resistent people. Become insulin sensitive and dont fear the carbs.

Its funny how in this little bubble people are afraid of carbs and think they need to earn them. In the rest of the world, carbs make up the majority of food consumed. Diabetes is such a recent phenomena, its obviously not caused by carbs but by non foods andindustrial oils.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast