Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How much carbs cause insulin spike page 7

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I'll be sticking to my bacon, eggs, and avocado breakfast. Congratulations on a good whole foods approach.
    Man, I do eat those as well!! Like after work, I sometimes make myself 6 slowly fried eggs in butter and some bacon to taste. I am not big on avocados though but once in a while with sardines, fresh tomatoes, balsamico, cucumbers, rucola, yeah

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    It's not about stopping carbs, it's about the constant drip feeding, step back and let your body do what it was designed for.
    The person I was replying to intimated that constant carb feeding would reduce insulin sensitivity, which seems counterproductive. And I've also not seen any evidence that it's true. Nor have I seen any evidence that carbohydrates cause leptin dysfunction, as you said. Proof?

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    The only problem with constant carbohydrate feeding would be if it consistently pushes you into a caloric surplus. Otherwise, assuming adequate intake of other macronutrients, why would it be an issue, Omni?
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

marc is offline Member
    Its unbelievable the bullshit people make up about carbohydrates!
    Any who, I'm going to have a lovely cup of Yorkshire Tea with a blob of honey, hopefully I won't turn into a carb addict afterwards.... Bread is the Devil, Potatoes are crack, Sugar rushes are evil!

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Its unbelievable the bullshit people make up about carbohydrates!
    Any who, I'm going to have a lovely cup of Yorkshire Tea with a blob of honey, hopefully I won't turn into a carb addict afterwards.... Bread is the Devil, Potatoes are crack, Sugar rushes are evil!
    Sounds awesome! Make sure you add some butter to slow down the glucose rush.... (kidding)
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

marc is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Sounds awesome! Make sure you add some butter to slow down the glucose rush.... (kidding)
    Watcha gonna do, when the Hydrogen Peroxide comes running wild over you, brotha'

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Actually, butter gives tea a nice round taste. Just for flavor, it is worth it. Just saying, honey and butter is a nice combo

faredoon is offline Member
    Thanks to all for making this a well-balanced discussion. Nice to see the purist Paleo or low-carb ideas being challenged once in a while. :-)

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    I actually stopped reading after the first few posts , I hate when u guys fight about if carbs r good or bad . Everyone just eat wat they tolerate and like . Really end of story!!

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

TheyCallMeLazarus is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I guess I always run into the same question when I the whole "carbs good or evil" debate come up....

What are you trying to do?
    What is the goal of someone that is "purist Paleo" vs a Peat follower vs Primal?

If the goal is to be jacked up defined, strong as an ox and look like a cover model, that is ONE set of answers.....if the goal is to be healthy, have good blood panels and have energy, that is a different answer.

Not that complicated, but it never gets prefaced the way it should.
    "The Sheep generally do not like the Sheepdog. He looks a lot like the Wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence.....the Sheep are thus disturbed by the Sheepdog. He is a constant reminder that there are Wolves in the land.

Until the Wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries to hide desperately behind the one, lonely Sheepdog."

-- Col Dave Grossman

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast